Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
Anthony

Default Re: Debased starting wealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colarmel View Post
B. The problem is that the regular fail: far more likely, is just wasted metal - something you'd know immediately, I assume a crit-fail just means getting caught in the act.
Best guess is a regular fail means your debased coin doesn't look legit, crit fail means someone else notices before you do.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
Flyndaran
Untagged

I don't know if it shouldn't just be a margin of success determining how easy it is for others to know.
If you're debasing it, then you are making changes. You can't make it impossible to recognize, no matter the skill.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:19 AM   #13
ArchonShiva

I think the idea is that on a success, you’ve successfully laundered it: you’ve gotten rid of the original debased coins enough that it can’t be traced back to you. Because of course nobody is going to catch you unless you try to spend it...

You’ve done *stuff* where you managed to exchange it for legit coin. Note that any large purchase can probably be expected to contain a few debased coins, which aren’t the work of the buyer but simply the result of debased coin being passed on, and nobody reacts much. It’s when you try and pass a lot at once that you get pegged.