Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
BigPhut

Default Re: [IC] Shattered Magic -- GURPS 4e High magic fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglorax View Post
[[Response to Father Boadeus to be added]]
Father Boadeus continues watching as the people around him talk and wiats patiently for his meal

//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain
The little girl stops eating, stands up and says 'no feel good'. And underscores that point by falling down onto the floor unconcious.

"Alycia!!!!" the man yells and gets around to her.
Looking up from his table he sees the girl faint, at first shocked, although he showed little sign of it, he soon realises that no-one else is acting and feels himself compeled to act for them. Throwing his pack across his shoulder he first moves towards Koban and, in a rough and commanding tone, introduces himself and asks what he knows of the condition of the girl. After listening to a brief answer he moves to the girl and kneels beside her taking a short moment to bless the girl and says a few muttered words in prayer.
Rumaging in his pack he draws out a small wooden box filled with oinments and herbs and some clean bandages. Softening his voice he asks;
"Please give me some space," As the others move away he leans across the girl making an assesment of her condition and giving her some basic treatment before attempting to bring her back to consiousness.

First Aid Roll VS. 13 (+1 for First Aid Kit) Success!

[[effects up to the GM or Captain-Captain]]

Esoteric Medicine Roll VS. 11 (-2 for improv equipment i.e First Aid Kit) Success!

[[effects up to the GM or Captain-Captain]]
Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
Wild Bill

Koban springs up and follows Father Bodaeus. He kneels at the opposite side of the girl: "I know a bit about these things as well, friend".

He points over at the bar, "Water, please".

OOC:
Since BigPhut is already doing to First Aid, etc., Koban is just assisting in whatever way he can, including offering healing herbs, which he knows won't work...

I need to be out of town for the day (like 1.5 hours out of town haha), so I will post a much fuller response to everything tomorrow :D. Silly family wanting to get together during the summer.
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
OldSam

Arlen watches the unconscious young girl, not sure if he could even help her. Nevertheless as he notices Father Boadeus medical efforts he decides to go there, too, looking if maybe he can support him.

edit: Then realizing that Koban is already on the way to help, too, he slows down and stays right behind them, watching the process.

Last edited by OldSam; 06-20-2009 at 05:08 PM.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #14
Captain-Captain

"No fever." Korbin says. At this tech level, Herbal pharmacy is Physician. 12- to be able to treat her.

(ooc: Diagnosis roll will be a default 7-. What's really going on. In her limited ability to speak, 'no feel good' translates to need to go to bathroom. She stood up real fast, as kids are prone to do, and then run around. in this case the sudden shift of blood as she stood triggered the event. There is a blood clot which a modern day doctor would have surgicaly removed.)
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
OldSam

Arlen keeps track of the attempts to recover the young girl from unconsciousness which doesn't seem to be really successful, yet.
Watching her he gets the impression that she is generally very weak and seems to have not much vital force in her. That remembers him about the energy-spending spell he learned once from the old mage living in the mountains and he decides to try using it on the girl.

Speaking, "Excuse me, it seems that she is very weak. I learned a technique to strengthen the vital force, maybe I can help her with this...", he comes closer to get to a free place next to the girl, carefully touching her head.
Concentrating on the spell, he quietly speaks the words and tries to let some of his own energy flow to the young girl.

[rolls 14 for Lend Energy-Spell http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2129838/ ]
[I got a Skill-Level of 14 but probably it's not successful due to general penalties...? I try to give her 2 FP anyway.]

Last edited by OldSam; 06-21-2009 at 12:13 PM.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #16
Wild Bill

Koban retrieves his bag from where he was sitting and removes several pouches of herbs and bottles of creams. "This should help stabalize her body. It's very basic medicine, but still strong". Koban spreads a bit of paste on the girl's forhead, it smells strong of earth and pulses with a strange force. He then places a sprig of some plant with tiny thorns onto the paste. "The paste draws the magic and medicines from the Chikkwa sprig and bolsters her natural immune organs. Like I said, non-specific, but it should help. I need to know more about the condition to help beyond this."

OOC:
Esoteric Medicine: 6 (Margin of Success +6)

Last edited by Wild Bill; 06-21-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
BigPhut

(ooc: from what i've gathered thesxe would be suitable effects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhut View Post
First Aid Roll VS. 13 (+1 for First Aid Kit) Success!
He has made sure the girl is stable, and has had some basic treatment to relax her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhut View Post

Esoteric Medicine Roll VS. 11 (-2 for improv equipment i.e First Aid Kit) Success!
A roll for Diagnosis, (i.e something roughly around what Captain Captain has said)

//

Father Boadeus continued to work silently as the others bustled around, by now everyone was watching and others were helping, although they had obviously seen the Father to be doing most of the work, the menial tasks they were performing offered some assistance at least. Knowing that herbs would be of little use beyond relaxing the girl he began some physical treatment in an attempt to revive the girl sooner rather than later.

(right i couldn't link my original rolls together so i registered)

Roll vs. Esoteric Medicine to revive her, (see notes) = 10

The girl woke dazed, although she probably would of done eventually, the attention of the people around her had left her more relaxed and had probably achieved the result earlier than she would of otherwise awoke, which was a good given her obviously un-stable condition. This had only been made worse by the bleeding which the Father had identified through the slight bruises on her head, these would get worse in the coming days. What had become obvious from the Father's close attention was her need for new bandaging on a pre existing wound, although this task would probably be best left until she had properly relaxed. Leaving the girl to her father's attention he struck up a quiet conversation with him.

"Your daughter i presume, is that why you're here?"
Old 06-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
Captain-Captain

Korbin seems a bit distraught by his daughter's collapsed and poorly positioned where he is and fumbles at getting similar herbal packets from his pockets. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2130115//
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Old 06-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #19
Captain-Captain

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2130533/

After about a minute, Alycia regain's consciousness.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

Old 06-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #20
Wild Bill

OOC: IMO, there is too much multi-narration going on here, and the scene has become quite confused. Perhaps we can get some GM Fiat narration and move on?

Tags
forcefeeding