Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-28-2018, 06:20 PM   #21
Mister Negative

Default Re: More DFRPG questions: Bonus damage, omens, scrap, and flex armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
The scrounging roll is to find the good stuff in the dungeon. You roll in town so people don't act on meta-game knowledge and leave the cart behind if they failed the roll.

I agree with this. You're not Scrounging for something YOU can use (where you'd know if you found it or not). You're Scrounging for something you can sell in town.

Rolls for information are made by the GM, and Scrounging isn't one of them--but this allows the game to preserve the uncertainty of whether you are a good eye for trash loot or not, without the GM having to roll and record the result for later use in town.

After all, why would the delvers know the difference between 'There's nothing here but old junk!" and "We didn't find anything but old junk!".

It also forces you to plan on schlepping a cart-load of knackered crap back to town like ragpickers if you're determined to make petty cash that way, rather than rolling in all cool like conquering heroes.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Mister Negative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #22
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Negative View Post
IIt also forces you to plan on schlepping a cart-load of knackered crap back to town like ragpickers if you're determined to make petty cash that way, rather than rolling in all cool like conquering heroes.
Considering those 'cool heroes' are likely trying to sell soiled, bloody, rent armor; banged up used weapons; recycle their empty potion bottles; hauling around dripping bags of gory creature bits; etc...

I'm not seeing the downside to also hauling a cart laden down with door brass, candelabras, half-way decent furniture, etc...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:36 PM   #23
Bruno

Vendor: "It's interesting how all the armor you sell me has these giant splits in it, and scorch marks, and arrow holes."
Bard: *noncommital* "Hmm."
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #24
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Vendor: "It's interesting how all the armor you sell me has these giant splits in it, and scorch marks, and arrow holes."
I suspect most of the people buying from adventurers have a pretty good idea of what the adventurers do.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:46 AM   #25
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Barbarian: "At least we shook out all the goblin bits before bringin it into your shop, yeah?"

(and this is why Barbarian is always dropped off at the tavern district before heading to the market district)
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote