Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
jraggio

Default Extra Big items

The rules read,
"If something lets you have more than one Big item (for instance,
the Dwarf race) and you lose that ability, you must either correct
the problem immediately or get rid of all but one Big item. If it’s
your turn and you’re not in combat, you can sell the excess Big items
(as long as you have at least 1,000 Gold Pieces of Items to sell).
Otherwise, you must give them to the lowest-Level player(s)who
can carry them! If any Big items are still left over, discard them."
I have a question. Does this mean we need to give more than one big item to possibly more than one player? Do they have to be tied for lowest, or do we start giving them away beginning with the lowest? Please explain how this works? Is this essentially similar to charity?

The rule says if it's your turn you can sell some big items. Does this mean if it were not my turn I could not sell items if I lost the ability to carry big items?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by jraggio; 08-17-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: add something.
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Extra Big items

You can only sell items on your own turn. If you lose the ability to carry your extra big items and it is not your turn, you would need to regain the ability, or give away the items.

You give the extra big items to the lowest level players who can carry them.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
DoomedDuck

It's similar to charity. If more than one person is tied for lowest, and they can both carry the big item legally, you choose who to give it to. If the lowest level player cannot legally carry another big item, you would then proceed to the next lowest. If it is not your turn when you lose the ability to carry the item, you cannot sell it, you must attempt to give it away or discard it if no one else can carry it.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Clipper

Here's a step-by-step process that shows what you can do:

Problem: You have too many Big Items.
1: Do you have any legal action that you want to do and is legal for you to do at this time to rectify your setup (e.g., playing Cheat!, selling Items for levels, playing Dwarf, finding a person who will willingly take or trade an Item, etc.)? YES: Do that action immediately and recheck if problem still exists. No: Go to 2.

2: Can any other player carry a Big Item? Yes: Go to 3. No: Go to 4.

3: Of the players that can take a Big Item, pick from the ones who have the lowest Level and give that player one Big Item. If you still have too many Big Items, return to 1. Otherwise you are done.

4: Discard Big Items until your setup is legal.

Last edited by Clipper; 08-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
jraggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
You can only sell items on your own turn. If you lose the ability to carry your extra big items and it is not your turn, you would need to regain the ability, or give away the items.

You give the extra big items to the lowest level players who can carry them.
One to each if there is a tie for lowest and discard the rest? I get to pick which items and to who? If there is one lowest (no tie) I give that person one big item of my choosing and then discard the rest?
jraggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Brf

If the lowest level player cannot accept a big item, you would give it to the next-lowest that can accept it, not discard.

If two players are tied for lowest and you have two extra big items, you would choose which players get which items. If one of them was a dwarf, you could give that player both.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
UncleBob

What if the other player(s) don't want your big item?
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
Brf

That is immaterial.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
UncleBob

So, let's say I had two big items in play - one being the +3 Big Rock - using a Dwarf card.

If I switched races, I could force the card onto another lower-level player who currently doesn't have a "big" item and has empty hands, causing them to be unable to use their hands or carry/use another big item until they manage to get rid of it (at no value, they'd have to find other stuff to get rid of) or they get a Drawf-esque card?
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
DoomedDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
So, let's say I had two big items in play - one being the +3 Big Rock - using a Dwarf card.

If I switched races, I could force the card onto another lower-level player who currently doesn't have a "big" item and has empty hands, causing them to be unable to use their hands or carry/use another big item until they manage to get rid of it (at no value, they'd have to find other stuff to get rid of) or they get a Drawf-esque card?
They would still be able to use 2 hands worth of items, as they don't have to equip the Big Rock. They just cannot carry another Big item until they get rid of the Big Rock (can include it in a sale the next time they sell to go up a level) or find another way to legally carry another.
DoomedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote