Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-11-2023, 03:01 AM   #21
mburr0003

Default Re: Halfling professions

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgriffin View Post
How are you beefing up Silence? I'm missing what you're saying.
Mostly because I didnt' say it...

My upgrades are to have various types of "Silence" refluffed as "Stealthy", it applies to hearing as well as sight, in a specific style, it also allows them to always count as having "at least half the party as diversions" for Backstabbing, even if they're alone.

The Advantage also counts as a level requied buy in for various Power-Ups.

Scouts and Thieves have Stealth (Camouflage), so they get a bonus vs Sight if they're wearing something at least vaguely 'camouflaged', IE dark clothes in a dungeon, browns and greens in the woods, etc.

Halflings has Stealth (Small) and get the bonus versus sight if there is anything around they could easily hide behind or alongside.

My campaign also has Dark Elves who have often have a connection with elemental Darkness and get Stealth (Darkness), so get their bonus as long there are darkness penalties (but also they're limited to the local darkness penalties).

Racial abilities can trump Professional abilities, so a Halfling Thief could start with Stealthy (Small) 4 lvls, or 2 of Small and 2 of Camouflage, the PC's choice.

Quote:
I think the Innate Attack (Projectile) is something worth considering. Got to consider how outside RAW this would be.
It doesn't break anything was my biggest concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Maybe even this really simple idea: Each level of Silence adds +2 to Stealth, only vs Hearing. That's it; any actions, with or without movement, no other restrictions/complications. Still a little expensive, IMO, but a better buy than the current version.
Now, to me, that sounds like an excellent Advantage option for Cat-Folk...
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
halfling