Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-20-2018, 06:33 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Statting a permanent wormhole replacing the vitals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTTG View Post
Thanks, I think you're right. Throw in Always On, and I get this:

Warp - Extra Carrying Capacity (Up to Extra-Heavy Encumbrance), +50%; No Strain, +25%; Tunnel, +100%; Portal replaces hit locations. (Provides total protection from certain directions.), +20%; No self-teleporting (You cannot pass through your own portal.), -30%; No targeting (The portal is entirely unpredictable.), -30%; Always On, -10%. Attacks to your torso or vitals from the front instead pass through the portal; energy and projectiles are lost, limbs and weapons may be pulled back through. [225]
As a note, this is one of the cases where multiplicative modifiers really make a difference, dropping the cost to around [60].

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
ravenfish

Default Re: Statting a permanent wormhole replacing the vitals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As a note, this is one of the cases where multiplicative modifiers really make a difference, dropping the cost to around [60].
Which seems rather more fair to me- this feels like it ought to be priced in the same ballpark as Insubstantiality- both give considerable defense against most attack forms (this one considerably more limited than Insubstantiality, but on the other hand it lacks the "can't effect normal matter at the same time" limitation), and this trades Insubstantiality's ability to bypass barriers and eschew gravity for the ability to *BAMF* away dangers.

Tags
no vitals, pc building, powers, supers