Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Axoloth

Default Carry curses?

Can you carry curses? I mean can you have them on the table in front of you without playing them just yet? Same question with monster enhancers or just monster cards for that sake.
I was under the impression that the only door cards you could have on the table was race, class, and cheat cards, but then I discovered cards like Find a Map and Deck of Too Many Things and now I just don't know any more :S
Axoloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Mister Ed

Default Re: Carry curses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axoloth View Post
Can you carry curses? I mean can you have them on the table in front of you without playing them just yet? Same question with monster enhancers or just monster cards for that sake.
I was under the impression that the only door cards you could have on the table was race, class, and cheat cards, but then I discovered cards like Find a Map and Deck of Too Many Things and now I just don't know any more :S
You can carry any number of small Items (anything with a Gold Piece Value, including No Value) as well as one Big Item. Some other cards can be played to the table, but they aren't "carried".

You have to rely on the rules or the card text to determine if a specific card can be played to the table and just kept there. So you can do so with Races and Classes because that's what the rules SAY you do with them. Curses, though, do not say in the rules, or on the card, that you can play them to the table to keep for later use. Neither do Monsters or Monster Enhancers. Cheat!, which you mentioned, can only be played to the table WITH an Item.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carried items, curses, doors, monster enhancers