Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default [IC] Lost in Dreams [Paedrig ]

Paedrig Adams had strange dreams that night. Actually, it was something of a horrible dream, but something about it stopped short of being a nightmare. The images were horrible, but they didn't seem aimed at him. They just were. It was somewhere between a War Film and a horror film, not just in feel, but in content. Shells went off in a war-torn wasteland, seemingly uselessly. corpses walked across the lines, torn by bullets but unfazed. Men died in horrible ways, and then their corpses were destroyed.

Relatively close and Relatively safe, men stayed in grey barracks, spending their time between shifts. In mysterious buildings, men worked on strange projects, working among the occult. And yet, somehow, the dream wasn't a nightmare ....

Paedrig woke up on an empty street in a dingy city, completely naked. Smog covered the sky, and a shadow fell on him. The shadow of a black hooded figure, completely out of place in the city.

"really? the world's cleanest bum? well, mysteries upon mysteries."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
Dar_Kwan

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Paedrig ]

Paedrig had never been one for waking up not knowing where he was, but upon looking around at the dingy buildings he realised he REALLY didn't know where he was...
A shadowy figure approached him mumbling something about "a clean bum"...
How can he see my bum, I'm lying on in.... oh wait he probably means hobo... Well suppose I'd better see if I can find out where I am and how I got here...
Rolling to his feet Paedrig extends his hand Hello, I'm Paedrig. Please excuse my state of undress, but I have absolutely no idea how I got here... or even where here is?? And I don't suppose you would happen to have a spare pair of clothes on you?

(ooc - Italics are for thoughts)
Dar_Kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams [Paedrig ]

"I don't care how you got here ... its not important anymore. You are now an apprentice ambulator, drafted by Royal authority. Your state of undress is not a problem, we have a robe for you. You may call me 'master Carpenter'. What is your name?"

The man extends a gloved hand to help Paedrig up, but his face remains shadowy.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Dar_Kwan

Shaking the man by the hand Paedrig says Good to meet you Master Carpenter, my name's Paedrig. What exactly does a "Apprentice Ambulator" do? I assume a lot of walking...
Looking around at the city again he adds Where am I, what is the name of this city?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"I need your Full Name Apprentice. You are in London, though not for much longer. An Aprentice ambulator... does surprisingly little walking. He makes others to walk. Or rather, he learns how to make others to walk. After they are dead. I have transportation. It would not do to feed your impression that an ambulator walks .... get in the cart. There will be a rode for you there."

He gestures at a horse and wagon with a stack of torn and tattered black cloaks in it ... not taking up the whole back by any means, but still a respectable pile.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
Dar_Kwan

Ah right, my apologies.. Full name is Paedrig Adams. When he hears "making the dead to walk" he does a double take, sticks his finger in his hear an wiggles it around a bit...I'm sorry, did you say I'm going to make the dead walk? as in Zombies??
Climbing into the back of the wagon Paedrig roots around for a robe that'll fit...

Last edited by Dar_Kwan; 11-23-2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Change of action
Old 11-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Zombie? I'm not familiar with the term. But yes, Ambulators make the dead walk. Mysteries, why did it have to be unlettered Vagrant! We call the result of our work, the walking, fighting corpse , a walker. The body is called a corpse, and the animating force the artiral"

The robes all fit equally unwell, but he finds a cleaner one. As he's rooting around, he notices three bodies already wearing robes in the back.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #8
Dar_Kwan

upon seeing the dead bodies Paedrig jumps out of the wagon with a scream...
Focusing on he breathing Paedrig calms himself down. He turns to Master Carpenter and says What the heck man... You could have warned me that those corpses were in there... Wait... Are those corpses other "unlettered Vagrants"?

(at this point Paedrig is ready to run or fight)
Old 11-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"No, these are from the mourg. I don't know who they were before, and I don't really care. They're corpses. Killing to create a corpses is a capital crime. Its considered a step worse than murder, and we are, after all, law abiding citizens. "

"Which is more than I can say of you, apprentice, if you don't sit down in that wagon and conquer your fear of death. I know you have it in you, both the fear, and the ability to conquer it."

Old 11-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
Dar_Kwan

Paedrig takes a couple more breaths to gather himself and then climbs into the wagon and sits down
My apologies Master Carpenter, I've never seen a corpse before and finding those ones in the wagon took me by surprise; add that to the shock of finding myself hear and it sort of overwhelmed me... it won't happen again

Tags
lost in dreams