Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Elijah]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Elijah puts down the stuff he was carrying, holding the knife in his left hand. He'll pick up a rock with his right hand, and throw it at the spider.

(Throwing 10, -6 for range, -2 for size [I think, although the oval-ness of the spider might make that -1], +1 for All-Out Attack (Determined), +2 for extra aim, so he should be at effective skill 3. Woo! If it doesn't move, he'll continue to chuck rocks at it until he hits it.)
Actually, the effective skill is 5 (8 in penalties, 3 in bonuses) 10-5=5

The first rock bounces off the tree above the spider. It appears confused, and first darts towards the point of impact, then stops moving. The second rock misses the tree. The third one impacts above the spider, sending it skittering to the ground. The fourth lands in front of it, and the creature flees to another tree, running perpendicular to the direction the rocks have been coming from

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
Talosian

(Wow. Perhaps that's the sign that I should go to sleep >.< Maybe there was a penalty I forgot to mention. Yeah. That's it. I'm sticking with that story.)

He'll keep chucking rocks at it for now. If he can't get it to come towards him, he'll try to sneak up on it and stab it.

(All-Out Attack (Double), Telegraphic attack, when it comes to stabbing it. Skill should come out to 13. You can make any rolls you need to, I don't really feel that it matters who makes rolls.)
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The creature seems to be more interested in running away than running towards, and despite rushing after it, and chucking a few more rocks, the creature disappears up a tree, or under a bush, or .... well, it disappears. he doesn't know where it is.

Elijah is now both hungry and thirsty, and theres only an hour or so of daylight left.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
Talosian

Frustrated, Elijah prepares for the inevitability being hungry through the night. Even so, he goes back to the river, searching for anything that might be food on the way. When he reaches the river, he'll take a close look at the water to see if it looks fairly clean.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The water isn't terribly dirty, but it does have all sorts of things floating in it, and is fairly sluggish. A fast moving stream would work much better....

As hes standing at the bank, the rain starts up again.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
Talosian

As the rain starts to fall again, he has an idea. He'll search through some of the jungle for trees that have large rivulets of water coming off of their leaves, and get water that way. If all goes well with that plan, he'll look around once more for something edible, then search for a tree that he could climb into for the night.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The plan works, and Elijah quenches his thirst.

He spends quite a lot of time looking for food, and eventually finds some grubs under tree bark. Its not enough, but after killing them with the knife and letting them stop wriggling so much, he's able to swallow them down.

getting into the trees isn't too difficult. They're quite tall though, and hes glad hes actually good at climbing: he was holding onto the bark rather than onto branches.

Finding a good fork takes a while, but he eventually finds one.

Thus ends the first day:
HP: 10
FP: 9 (one lost from starvation)
Starvation: 1/2 meal, -1 FP
Thirst: none

Insomniac: episode starts tonight
Luck: use available
Serendipity: use available

Goods:
Stone knife
3 foot stone spear
leather bag
large mosquito swatting leaf.

how high does he climb, and is there anything else he tries before he tries to sleep?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #28
Talosian

(I forgot about Luck and Serendipity >.< He's also carrying around the other part of the spear's shaft. How usable is the bag in its current state? If it's intact enough, he'd try using it to hold water for tomorrow.)

Given that luck is once a day, Elijah will make one last attempt at looking for food, and kill (if appropriate) and eat anything he can find. He'll then re-climb the tree. He'll prioritize finding a safe spot where he probably won't fall out in his sleep over any particular height, but he wants to be at least eight to ten feet up, so that most raptors can't just chomp him. Anything higher than fifteen feet would be too dangerous in an accident.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

At long last, Elijah spots an animal of the right size: a snake curled up on a branch 35 feet off the ground.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #30
Talosian

Elijah stares up at the snake for a bit, his stomach cramping with hunger. After thinking about it for a long while, he decides that no matter how hungry he is, it wasn't worth trying to climb thirty-five feet up in the dark, let alone trying to stab it before it bit him.

(Yeah, okay, just going to end day here, rather than inflict broken ribs and/or a poisonous snake bite -_-)

Tags
lost in dreams