Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
robertsconley

Default The Complete GURPS Dungeon Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarf
However, I get the sneaking suspicion that you're thinking of something much more D&D like, with challenge ratings, treasure tables and whatnot. I wouldn't buy something like that.
Treasure table sure, challenge rating nah. If I had the project the rough outline would roughly look like

Introduction

Character Creation
Lots of Character Templates
Skills, Advantages, Disads, etc
at least everything that is used in the above template

Combat
Basic
Advanced
(Focused on medieval combat)

Magic
About same quantity as in GURPS 1st Edition Magic.
Rules system for Arcane, Druidic, Bardic, and Clerical magic.

Monsters
Every monster that in the D20 SRD that can be reasonably used. An important sidebar will be how to figure out how difficult an encounter will be. Nothing like a Challenge Rating but more like the advice of experienced GM.

Treasure
Yes Treasure Tables and descriptions

Starting Setting
Something as complex and fleshed out as Keep on the Borderland/Cave of Chaos or 4th edition's Fallcrest/Kobold's Lair. The centerpiece will be a honest to god key dungeon.

Do this in 256 pages. Sell it along side the other GURPS Books. Have three 32 to 64 pages adventures available as well. This is not a replacement but rather the entry point to the larger GURPS line.

Space and Horror would be done the same way. Plus any other genres that SJ Games would think work.

With this a Person can pick up a complete ready to run RPG that is GURPS.

Rob Conley

P.S. Points of Lights, a project I am working with Goodman Games on, the Swamps of Acheron chapter originated from my GURPS fantasy campaign. It was run around 1992. That campaign originated from my Judges Guild Wilderland campaign that was run under AD&D in the early 80's. In short I had some experience running a D&D style world using GURPS.

http://www.goodman-games.com/4380preview.html
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/imag...nd_preview.jpg

Last edited by robertsconley; 07-07-2008 at 10:22 PM.
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote