Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Ratinaboat

Default Help confusion

We've just drawn 'curse tiny hands' card in the dungeon of comprehensive curses, I have the 'matching equipment set' and my friend has the 'chainsaw of bloody dismemberment' whilst the chainsaw is gel in two hands I have two single items, one in each hand. Do I loose the matching equipment set as per the rules of 'curse! Tiny hands'?
Ratinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Help confusion

The art has nothing to do with whether the Item is 2-Handed or not. The Matching Equipment Set needs 2 Hands, so it is a 2-Handed Item (among other things) and will be affected by Curse! Tiny Hands. You must discard it.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Ratinaboat

I'm not sure that that is the case, none of the objects in the matching equipment set are two handed items, it's just that both hands are full, tiny hands effects two handed items. Isn't that true? Surely the language is the key, if I had two small item cards for my hands I wouldn't be hit by the curse, why should I be just because both of my hands are filled by two single handed items?
Ratinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:42 AM   #4
Clipper

A 2-Handed Item is defined as a card having "2 Hands" written on it, which is what the card has in this case. It is a single Item that takes up all your slots. If you don't have 2 Hands available to use the Matching Equipment Set, then you cannot use it, so it is a 2-Handed Item, amongst other things.

You are essentially trying to say it is about 5 different Items, two 1-Handed Items, a piece of Headgear, a suit of Armor and a pair of Footgear. However, it isn't multiple Items. It is a single Item (as it is a single card) that happens to take up a lot of slots.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 AM   #5
MunchkinMan

Clipper is correct, and that's official.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote