Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #81
woodchuck

Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlbergman View Post
Well, I tried to support but Indiego would not let me. Kept saying my Zip Code was incomplete, even when I used my 5+4 Zip Code. I would suggest sticking to Kickstarter, they at least take my order.
Indiego wants your zip code in the box where you enter your payment info. It's a little weird to me.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #82
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
Indiego wants your zip code in the box where you enter your payment info. It's a little weird to me.
Many credit cards want the billing zip code to go through, though why IGG can't take it from your shipping info I don't know (unless they don't collect that at pledge time). Heck, I can't even pay-at-the-pump for gas without giving it my zip code first...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
Old 07-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #83
HeatDeath

I found that SO annoying when companies started putting multiple borderless text entry boxes in the same rectangle. It's like established UI conventions mean NOTHING to these people!

I swear, Web UI "designers" arent't happy until they've completely hidden or obfuscated every useful function in a website or application!

[Yes, I'm pretty comfortable with a company not giving a flip about me as a person, but when they start flouting UI conventions, that's the hill I'm gonna die (or at least be seriously annoyed #firstworldproblems) on. Probably says something about me, and I'm not sure it's entirely complimentary. :) ]

Last edited by HeatDeath; 07-16-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #84
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
I work with Stripe as part of my day job...it's one of the "additional verification" options they provide in their anti-fraud suite.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Old 07-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #85
Mr Chuck

I agree with those who are saying that it comes down to your trust in the project creator(s). I have had long waits on items from SJG (Nightfall :) ) and from Arc Dream (Delta Green expansions), but both companies have always come through. I am also glad to see SJG trying other crowdfunding options, even though it may be a "trial by fire" so to speak. This may well be the only way we will get Vulcans, Mk 1s, Mk IIs, Missile Crawlers, and other vehicles / structures. Long Live Ogre!
Old 07-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #86
deinol

I must admit, I'm kind of surprised BackerKit hasn't started to let creators run projects from there. Their interface is way better than either KS and IGG, and they already have the infrastructure to collect funds.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #87
ColBosch

After sleeping on this, I've decided that I will not be participating in this project at this time. I am here to have fun, and while I understand SJ Games has their reasons for switching from Kickstarter to Indiegogo, it's a non-fun move for me.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #88
voodoo54

Well I'm in for the triple minis. Bring on the double-pay men!
Old 07-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #89
CON_Troll

Wow. The back-and-forth about IGG is... pretty stunning. Since I haven't used IGG before, I can't comment on them. Except to agree the UI is a bit screwy to say the least. Web designers here probably remember the old phrase "Mystery Meat Navigation."

What I CAN comment on is SJG.
They have shown that they are trustworthy and are the very epitome of a principled company.
Despite setbacks and roadblocks in individual projects, they have always delivered in the end.
They have maintained a high-degree of communication (and transparency) in every project to reassure backers.
And the quality of their project pieces is incredible. I honestly didn't believe they could match the OGRE metal miniatures in terms of detail when I back OM1.

I realize that the above sounds like unabashed fanboy-ism. But it is also the absolute truth, I'm sure everyone here will agree.

With all that said, I have to ask:
Why NOT back this project? IGG's reputation isn't the main factor here. SJGs is. And we KNOW they are beyond reproach.
Just to be clear, I am not trying to be confrontational. I just believe that IGG's reputation does not matter in this instance. SJG's does.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #90
Buzzardo

SJG is trustworthy. IGG is merely a pipe to pass money from me to SJG, so I'm not worried about it.

I am worried about missing the next project, because there appears to be no way to follow a creator on IGG. I have an email inquiry in about that.

Other than that, the having to delete and start over to adjust one's pledge is aggravating, but I can cope.

I have already identified a number of bugs (such as a link with no href attribute), both on their site and in their email communication. They definitely suffer from the modern approach to development: Let the designer's go wild, don't test adequately, and ignore input from the customers. They'll either get better or go away - no way to tell which at this point.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Closed Thread