Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:32 AM   #1
Pezpengy

Default maps!

I just bought the battle box - played this game to death all through the 80's and its nice to go back and play again!
except...
... the battle box doesnt have the original map! i still have my 1978 map but its framed on my office wall and its too small for the new minis anyways. is one available (those rubber mats are nice) at 1.5" size in the original colors? i made a printable one that the local office depot made for me but its just not the same.
another wierd thing is that the box doesnt have the stats for the units. there are some images of 'counters' scattered throughout the rulebook. i mostly remember them but there are a few i cannot recall... like the light tank. we rarely used them; and anyways my wife doesnt trust im telling her the truth when she's trying to squish my cp with a mark v.

help please! :)
Pezpengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #2
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: maps!

You did know that pdfs of the maps are available here right? http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/resources/
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
GEVJockey

On that same page you can find the a brief document that will give you stats for most (all?) of the battlebox units:

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/miniatureslite/

Going from mini's to hexes 2" = 1 hex.

Welcome back to Ogre!
GEVJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
HeatDeath

The original Ogre map (the "orange" map) is currently only available in ODE/O6e scale (1.5" hexes) in the Ogre 6e box set.

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ogre-sixth-edition
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
Pezpengy

thanks all! :)
Pezpengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #6
J. Durr

Pezpengy I wound up scouring ebay for a loose Ogre map, paid a bit much but like you I had to have it. I asked here if it would ever be released on its own and the official word was there are no plans to.
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:49 AM   #7
HeatDeath

Between the Classic counters PDF, the rule and scenario book PDFs, and the green map PDFs, the orange map is literally the last piece of the core Ogre/GEV game that SJG are still insisting on charging for. I don't begrudge them that in the slightest.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
Between the Classic counters PDF, the rule and scenario book PDFs, and the green map PDFs, the orange map is literally the last piece of the core Ogre/GEV game that SJG are still insisting on charging for. I don't begrudge them that in the slightest.
The Orange map is also available as PDF on the resources page (recently added).
Old 10-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #9
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
The Orange map is also available as PDF on the resources page (recently added).
Oh, wow, they really are giving away the store then.

What they really ought to do then, is zip the rules, maps, and counter sets together, call it Ogre Print-n-Play, and make some media noise on BGG, the major gaming news sites, etc, about Ogre being a free print and play because of COVID/anniversary/whatever - really make some promotional hay out of it. Do this at the same time that the crowdfunding campaign for the Combine Armor minis goes live.

Done properly, they should be able to significantly grow the audience and even move some playmats and miniature sets that way. It could significantly bump buy-in on the Combine armor minis.

It's always far easier to sell plastic when you can say the underlying game is a free PnP with a one-click download.

Last edited by HeatDeath; 10-29-2020 at 10:11 AM.