Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Resources

Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #51
RogerBW

Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

Current campaigns:

* Irresponsible and Right: GURPS Weird War II, started off quite close to being a British version of the "Detachment 23" campaign in that book (PCs are magicians working for Maxwell Knight within MI5), but has gone off somewhat in other directions. In particular, there seems to be an <i>odd</i> interaction between radioactivity and magic...

* Reign of Steel: more or less as the book has it, with the robots converted to 4e and using the rules from GURPS Action! for a fast-moving cinematic campaign.

Previous campaigns:

* Crimson Skies - aeroplanes and zeppelins in an alternate 1937
* Dark Conspiracy - near-future horror, and Earth is the battleground
* I-Cops! - Infinite Worlds meets the TV cop show
* Last Days of Atlantis - Gothic decadent sword-and-sandal romanticism in a doomed empire
* Transhuman Space, Standard of the Man debris collection campaign
* Tempt Not the Stars - Travellereseque free trader game

Game writeups, rules changes, and support material are all available at http://tekeli.li/.
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #52
modred11

If anyone needs webspace for their campaigns, the Wikia GURPS Wiki is rather empty. I'm one of the admins, and I'd be glad to have people's campaign descriptions up there.
modred11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #53
Wood Golem

Default 4-Part Story - Fantasy Setting

My buddies and I had always enjoyed the leveling up process because it gave us something big to look forward to at a given point down the road. About 10 years back I devised the D&D level up system into GURPS rules. At each level the characters get a lump of points to spend as they see fit. I've created the classic fantasy races (and a couple of my own) into reasonable starting costs. As the various races level up, inherant abilities are acquired / expanded. Regardless of race, all characters are an equal point value at the same level.
I wasn't able to start and run a working / lasting campaign with these rules until June '07. I started with a table of 5 players + me and now there's 7 players + me + GM's assistant. Each player has one PC that'll be introduced during each story giving the overall group more versatility in the end. The four story parts are:

Shooting Stars
Character's introduction to the world and a small scope of the grand story to come.
Status: Completed - Running Time: 18 months - Level Start/End: 0/6

Fugitives
A second group of characters working to right the wrongs of a kingdom that's inadvertantly against them.
Status: In Progress - Running Time: 10 months / estimated 20 - Level Start/End: 2/7

The Surface of Darkness
Groups unite and recruit others in an attempt to build hope for their futures during a bleak chain of events.
Status: Not Started - Estimated Time: 30 months - Level Start/End: 7/14

Return of the God-Kings
Ancient rulers of the land return to reclaim their place above the societies that have been without them for many centuries now.
Status: Planning Stage - Estimated Time: 24 months - Level Start/End 14/20

There's a lot of prestory and interstory twining involved. It would probably take me half a novel to set all of the story devices I have in place. I am in the process of posting the campaign info onto a website. It is mostly for convenience for tha players participating, but also to keep the story straight in my head after it comes out.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #54
Hannes665

Gurps Victorian Black Ops.
Steampunk + Magic + Horror. Game that I have been running off and on for some time in my Black Op world. Other eras being in 1963 and 1999.

GURPS StjarnaPortala.
Stargate the Swedish way... basically a rip off of SG1 with Swedish army/air force as the gate controllers. Tha game ran for 2 years or so 2001+ First it was a 3e game but later turned into a 4e game.

Also our Group has a ongoing fantasy game called...

Griffin Keep.
It has been running for almost 3 years with a 1 year break were we moved the story some years forward with new PC´s.

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #55
Captain-Captain

Should the Queen of Ravens Return

I ran this for about two years, and had my playtest hard copy of Abydos to refer to.

Basically, events in Tredroy kept coming across the PCs, who eventually discovered the plot of some Abyhdossian agents who were in fact heretics of the Lazarite church out to bring back Lady Ravenjoy as a Lich in a steel statue body. (Yeah take one of the most 'Mary Sue' type characters in existence and give her undead abilities and a magical version of a Terminator body.

I posited that she'd gotten pregnant back in her adventuring days and had a stillbirth somewhere in Northern Cardiel. The heretics needed that baby's corpse as a ritual ingredient to summon her spirit back to be animated.

Under Lazarite Theology, undeath is not necessarily unholy. Someone who willingly becomes an undead is damned. Someone unwillingly changed, such as a vampire's victim, is still a salvageable soul.

The Heretics were willing to damn themselves for the good of Abydos and intended to force her soul into their statue, so that her salvation would not be imperiled.

The Lazarite Church, pretty naturally, reacted in horror when they discovered the plan. Profaning the second most holy person in their Church's existence met with shall we say an extremely unpleasant reaction.

So, you had the heretics vs real agents of the Lazarite Church working secretly in Cardiel, where being revealed as what they were was a death sentence.

In the middle of that mess, stumble the PCs. ;)

In actual practice things didn't quite go that way. When they first heard of Abydos, I mentioned that there was a Church up there that sanctioned Necromancy. I used 'Church' in a context of Catholic Church vs Orthodox Church vs Celtic Church. What I didn't realize until much later, one of the players heard 'Church' as 'Temple', a specific building or group of buildings at a specific place.

He further translated Church/Temple to "Dungeon". He got it into his head that the mission of the group was to go to that Dungeon, destroy it and all problems down in Tredroy would vanish. They spent more than a year real time (at one session on alternating Sundays) going up there and coming back.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #56
Michael Amos

Not so much a campaign, more a one-off dungeon bash. But it's a dungeon bash with a difference.

A little boy has been kidnapped by some kobolds. Not the dopy kobolds described in the GURPS rules but some nasty kobolds adapted from the first edition AD&D rules (http://www.michaelamos.net/gurps/ADandD_Kobolds.pdf). Unless some adventurers get a move on pretty quick, that little boy is going to be made into kebabs.

The only way to save him is to run this adventure - http://www.michaelamos.net/gurps/Kobold_Caverns.pdf. It's not your standard dungeon bash either, it's a limestone cave system and that means a lot of crawling around on your belly while kobolds run around throwing spears at you. It's all self-contained, with maps and stats and so on.

If you have a go at this one, please drop me a line to let me know how you got on.

All the best,

Michael Amos
Michael Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #57
Whome?

I am going to be running a game of:

Gurps Steampunk: Red Sands. I'll be using both the Gurps Steampunk books and the brand new Space: 1889 Red Sands full color hardbound book:

http://www.stargazersworld.com/2010/...889-red-sands/

Actual characters will be generated using Gurps 4th Edition.

"Red Sands pits a desperate band of heroes against the Inner Circle of the Brotherhood of Luxor. The Brotherhood, led by the mysterious Kronos, King of the Titans, plots to bring about the end of all worlds. From the mountains of Mars to the swamps of Venus, our intrepid explorers must stop the Brotherhood from plunging the entire solar system into a bloody war to end all wars!"

Last edited by Whome?; 05-25-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: add more information
Whome? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #58
DavidRM

Campaigns of the past few years:

The Varied Jobs of the Three Prawns Crew - d20, Iron Kingdoms, set in Five Fingers. The players were a small "crew" doing jobs of varying legality for the various High Captains against a backdrop of a Cryxian invasion of Five Fingers. The Three Prawns Crew provided body guard services, pick and delivery of illegal goods, infiltration--and an orphanage. Sessions written up here.

Dark Imports - d20, Iron Kingdoms. The PC’s work for Glasneigh Exports. Glasneigh Exports operates a low-key, barely-profitable shipping business. The shipping business is only a cover, though. The real charter of Glasneigh Exports is twofold. First, to investigate rumors of infernals and infernalists operating within the Iron Kingdoms. Second, to retire with extreme prejudice any infernals discovered, to interfere with the operations of infernalists, and, if possible, rescue or free the souls of the Marked. And all of this must be handled behind a veil of secrecy. Sessions written up here.

Empty Eye Sockets - d20, Iron Kingdoms. The PC's are elite-ish, mid-level spies from the various kingdoms sent on a mission to discover what kind of Orgothian horror Cryxian agents stole from Five Fingers--and destroy it. Sessions written up here.

Normal Heroes - Hero, Modern. Inspired by the NBC show "Heroes", the PC's all start the game more or less normal, but having recently manifested powers of various sorts. The players described the general nature of the powers they wanted and I (as GM) created their powers. The players started play knowing only 1 or 2 of their powers. The rest had to be discovered during play, usually during stressful situations, with unexpected results. Then they had to learn how to control their powers while maintaining a facade of a normal life. The PC's became secret crime fighters, taking on the local crime syndicates, and then stumbling onto villians much like themselves. Sessions written up here.

Edit: I'm currently working on campaigns for Iron Kingdoms using Gurps 4e.

-David
Old 06-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #59
BlackLiger

I'm planning to run a Stargate setting campaign, and am at current statting up the various pieces of gear needed for it in a friend's (who's house I'm running it at, since the books are also his) copy of character builder.

I'll post additional details once I've run a session or 2.
BlackLiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #60
Corlock Striker

The Shattered Shield - This is the overall premise for the fantasy campaign I'm running. The length to finish it is unknown as I just started it, but also variable. I'll try to keep the description as brief as possible, but I don't really have a blog to post it to, so all the write up info is going to be in this post. If anyone would like any more info about the campaign feel free to e-mail or pm me.

The basics are that an elven kingdom, through sneaky political machinations, was taken over by a necromancer that disguised himself as a noble of said kingdom, who is a minion of a much more powerful big baddie. The elven kingdom had for years been a beacon of freedom to the world at large, and stood firm against the big bad that the necromancer works for.

The big bad makes his home very far away from this elven kingdom, on the other side of a vast mountain range that is home to the dwarves of the game world. The elves, in the past, had always offered assistance to the dwarves in turning back the forces of the big bad, and so the dwarves and elves were actually on good terms, with the dwarves sort of feeling like they had a debt to the elves for their assitance.

The major threat to the necromancer taking over the elven kingdom was the general of it's armies, a very skilled mage and warrior, who happens to be an elven vampire. He's learned to control his vampiric nature, thanks in large part to a ritualistic spell that was cast on him by a group of elven mages that keeps his elven nature dominant over his vampiric one. As a result he can walk in daylight, but will suffer ill effects from too long an exposure to daylight. Anyway, the general is the head of a prominent elven noble house, only second in terms of the respect it is given in the kingdom to the royal house. He is in fact married to the daughter of the king.

The necromancer manages to turn the elder against the general, making them fear the possiblity of his vampiric nature asserting itself, and him turning against the kingdom and killing everyone. He makes this fear very real to them, and they insist that the king banish the general or the will dethrone him. The kind not wanting to put the kingdom's fate in the hands of such fickle men, agrees and banishes the general, who understands the king's reasons for banishing him and accepts them.

Under elven law, when banished the general is stripped of his name, identity and any titles. He cannot ever acknowledge to anyone who he once was, nor may any elf ever address him as who he had been. The general being a firm follower of the law accepts this, as takes a new name. Timantil, He Who Waits. So long as his banishment remains in effect, he will answer only to this name.

There is one thing that the General didn't know before his banishment, his wife is pregnant with his child. After the General is banished, the necromancer manages to assume true control of the country and sows chaos around the world at large, calling on allies of the elven nation to act upon their debts. Using the armies of allies to attack targets which seem reasonable in the quest to stamp out the big baddie that the necromancer serves, but really further said big baddies interests. While the allies are away preforming these tasks, the necromancer has the elven armies attack said allied nations and ransack them. The elves are thus disgraced, and the power of the nation is effectively broken.

Elves flee the nation and spread themselves throughout the world, gathering in small communities far from most civilized areas, as few people truly trust the elves now. The elves themselves feel a sense of guilt about the betrayal that occured, and a sense of duty to those who were betrayed by them. About the only elves who aren't immediately distrusted by most people are Timantil, and the small circle of generals he assembled around himself back when he was the General of the elven nation known as the World Guard, and neither of these took part in the attacks on the allied nations.

There were originally twenty members of the World Guard. While the attacks were going on, the World Guard finally caught on to just what the necromancer was planning, and attempted to overthrow him with what loyal troops they could gather. They failed sixteen of them died in the attempt to reassume control of the elven nation. While this revolt was taking place, the elven princess gave birth to the general's son. Four members of the World Guard managed to get to her, and escaped with the child. The necromancer was led to believe the child was stillborn.

The four members of the World Guard hid the child within the royal court of a human nation that had been an ally to the elven nation, and that owed the general a great debt. The members of the World Guard then dispersed hiding themselves around the world, and speaking to no one of the child.

Timantil himself wanders the world doing what he can to subvert the schemes of the necromancer of the man he serves. However, he will not raise his family crest to summon an army to fight behind him and retake the elven nation as he is bound by his banishment to never acknowledge who he was. A banishment he honors as it was imposed by the rightful king. Of course, no one will flock to the banner of the royal family as they mistrust them due to all that occured under their watch either.

There is a small group of resistance fighters that still fights within the borders of the elven nation, attempting to take back control of it. It is made up mostly of elves, though there are members of other races as well. It is led by the adopted son of the banished general. He will not raise the standard of the fallen house either, as he feels he has no right to it, being an adopted son. But he does want to see his nation returned to glory. The adopted son has no magical abilities but was trained in fighting by his adopted father, he is a skilled fighter.

The best way to introduce the PCs, I think at least, as this is how I've done it, is to have at least one of them be a child of one of the surviving members of the World Guard. The parent dies, and upon his death bed, tells the child of the General's child. Explains that the child is the only one who can raise the standard of the General's fallen house, called the Thrice Struck Shield (Hence the campaign name, as this shield has been shattered), and the standard of the royal house.

Timantil is likely to support the child and help him, he is a gifted general who will only rally to support someone who will fight under the banner of the royal house, as Timantil is still loyal to them despite the general opinion of them within the world. The parent will not reveal that Timantil is the banished General, saying only that he was another elf that was banished around the same time and a great friend of the general. The general unfortunately, according to the parent, is dead. The parent charges the child with finding the general's son, and bringing him to Timantil for training and support, as Timantil's aide will be invaluable to the child in his attempt to restore the elven nation to glory.

Unfortunately, the parent dies before telling the child what kingdom the general's son was hidden in. What the child does know is that both the general and his son have very distinct features, unique throughout all the world. Both have silver hair and silver eyes, a mark of the unique magic they wield. Having been charged by the parent to search out the general's son, the child sets off into the world, looking for clues to the child's location. Perhaps if the child can find the remaining members of the World Guard then can learn the location of the General's son. Or if they find the General's adopted son, they might through him find the remaining member's of the World Guard, or he might have some ideas as to what human kingdom would be trusted with the guarding of the general's true son.

You can probably run as many adventures as you like having the PCs run around the world looking for clues as to the location of the general's son. Possibly adventures in which they attempt to put a stop to the necromancer's plans or things like that, in the hopes they might run into Timantil, the remaining members of the World Guard, or the adopted son.

Once the general's son is located, Timantil will need to be located, which may also be a series of adventures as they try to find this illusive man. Then there will be the gathering of allies to the banner of the Thrice Struck Shield, as Timantil trains his son, though he will never admit to being the boy's father, ever. The PCs may or may not travel with Timantil and the boy as this occurs. If they do, they're likely to get some training from Timantil, either by watching him train the boy, or directly, if they so choose to. Then eventually will come the assault upon the necromancer at the castle of the former elven kingdom. It should be noted that once they reach the border of the elven kingdom, Timantil will no longer accompany the party and his son. He was banished and may not return to the nation until his banishment is lifted, if it ever is. He will honor this aspect of his banishment as he has honored every other part. So while the party may have the help of a extremely powerful NPC for a time, when it comes time to confront the necromancer he will not be there.

Sorry this was so long. But that's the basic outline of the campaign I'm currently running. At the moment, the adventure I'm running within the campaign is The Keep Upon the Shadowfell, the first level adventure for D&D 4e.

Last edited by Corlock Striker; 06-30-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Corlock Striker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nigirea