Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
nick012000
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Oh! What was your nik there? (You can PM me if you'd prefer.)
Same thing as it is here, IIRC.
nick012000 is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
Nosforontu
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Well, the guy who created them (in my mind) does make a point to market them as "domestic utility bioroids"; whenever someone accuses them of being just "living sex dolls", he points out that the reason that they've got such sensitive ears is so that they can keep track of children trying to get up to mischief.
Teachers get fired for posting racy pictures of themselves online, or because they are former strippers etc etc. I don't see many households with children that are going to want to keep a "bad influence" on the children in the household. Especially since even if you buy her when they are babies, by the time they are 16 years old and curious themselves she will have only aged a year.

Over that time she is going to actively hit on a lot of people while caring for the children. Furthermore she is going to be seeking out crowds and groups of people thanks to chummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Well, the guy who made them went, "Old people aren't attractive. Who wants an unattractive sex toy/maid/nanny combo? Nobody, that's who."
While "nobody" might not want an old or "unattractive sextoy/maid" currently they only age 1 year every 16 years. You could either sell one Foxwife to a client 48 years who wants a 18-21 year call girl or sell him 16 new generation foxwives who age at the normal rate each year who are 18-21. Essentially with their current lifespan you could easily pass on your foxwife to five generations of descendants by the time she hits 25. That seems excessive to me in terms of replacement rate between purchases.

Five generations that would have to have essentially the same fetish, five generations of the law treating bioroids as property rather than full citizens, and five generations that don't mind that your new girl friend was also your fathers girl friend, grand fathers girl friend, great grand fathers girl friend etc etc.
Nosforontu is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
nick012000
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
Teachers get fired for posting racy pictures of themselves online, or because they are former strippers etc etc. I don't see many households with children that are going to want to keep a "bad influence" on the children in the household. Especially since even if you buy her when they are babies, by the time they are 16 years old and curious themselves she will have only aged a year.
Yeah, but the Westermarck effect means that the children probably won't find the bioroids who raised them sexually attractive. Besides, it's not like they'd be teaching in schools or working at day care centers or anything. They're intended for home use, essentially being high-tech concubines.

Quote:
Over that time she is going to actively hit on a lot of people while caring for the children. Furthermore she is going to be seeking out crowds and groups of people thanks to chummy.
Well, they would if they left the house much, which they tend not to because of Staid, the Delusion they're trained with, and the fact that they can probably do things like order groceries online (given that they're TL 10).

Quote:
While "nobody" might not want an old or "unattractive sextoy/maid" currently they only age 1 year every 16 years. You could either sell one Foxwife to a client 48 years who wants a 18-21 year call girl or sell him 16 new generation foxwives who age at the normal rate each year who are 18-21.
Well, for one thing, their lifespan isn't multiplied by 16. It's multiplied by 4 for Extended Lifespan; Longevity simply slows down the resultant age-related damage. So, being decanted at about Age 18 biologically, their equivalent of 25 would be 7x4=28 years later; they begin making aging rolls 128 years later, having hit the biological age of 50.

Besides, if you were a customer, which would you rather buy: something on a scheduled obsolescence plan, or something that's going to last? It's not like you couldn't just use biomods to upgrade her as technology improves, anyway.

Quote:
Essentially with their current lifespan you could easily pass on your foxwife to five generations of descendants by the time she hits 25. That seems excessive to me in terms of replacement rate between purchases.
Also, inaccuracies about their aging rate aside, you're assuming that the lifespans of the people who purchase them aren't extended as well. ;)
nick012000 is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #14
Nosforontu
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Yeah, but the Westermarck effect means that the children probably won't find the bioroids who raised them sexually attractive.Besides
I wouldn't count on the westermarck effect stopping an 8 year child grown up to 16 years old from finding a 20 year old very beautiful, lecherous girl with extreme sexual diamorphisim, an eros mod trained in erotic art and who has the delusion of existing to serve my master an extremely tempting option to try at least once. Especially with the chummy disadvantage so that she was probably innocently hugging him/her several times their childhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Well, they would if they left the house much, which they tend not to because of Staid, the Delusion they're trained with, and the fact that they can probably do things like order groceries online (given that they're TL 10).
So the husband is bringing home someone who really, really likes sex, is going to get lonely without company, and who is not going to go out very often, and she exists to serve her master, and who likes to be disciplined when they are naughty...somehow I just don't see them selling them very frequently with a primary purpose as maids or in child care.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Well, for one thing, their lifespan isn't multiplied by 16. It's multiplied by 4 for Extended Lifespan; Longevity simply slows down the resultant age-related damage. So, being decanted at about Age 18 biologically, their equivalent of 25 would be 7x4=28 years later; they begin making aging rolls 128 years later, having hit the biological age of 50.
Correct misread extended Lifespan as level 4 rather than 2 levels with aging multiplication of 4 instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Besides, if you were a customer, which would you rather buy: something on a scheduled obsolescence plan, or something that's going to last? It's not like you couldn't just use biomods to upgrade her as technology improves, anyway.
As a company do I want to wait and sell new dolls to my customers every 40 years (approximate apparent age of the doll 28) or every 10 years (apparent age of the doll 28)? Would the client base prefer fresh new young faces promising fresh new tech advances (now with eros 2 or 3 or 4) want to keep the same doll for 40 years let alone 128 years? Would their tastes change in just five years let alone 50 years? Do you really want to essentially commit to a 128 year long commitment with a living sex doll (assuming that such a relationship even remains legal for even a fraction of that time period).


Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Also, inaccuracies about their aging rate aside, you're assuming that the lifespans of the people who purchase them aren't extended as well. ;)
What I am assuming is that people who are paying money to own someone young for sex (which is ultimately what Foxwives are built best for) is going to want to replace their current gen model with new modals at less than 1 every 40-128 years. I am assuming that someone who wants an exotic sex companion is much more likely to experiment with other exotics as well. I am further assuming that fads are going to come and go in the exotic bioroid sex market and that Fox girls will give way to next bioroid gens cat girls which will give way to the next gens vampire girls etc etc. That such fads are probably going to rotate at less than 5 years per shift (a little over 3 generations of vat grown fox girls).
Nosforontu is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
nick012000
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
I wouldn't count on the westermarck effect stopping an 8 year child grown up to 16 years old from finding a 20 year old very beautiful, lecherous girl with extreme sexual diamorphisim, an eros mod trained in erotic art and who has the delusion of existing to serve my master an extremely tempting option to try at least once. Especially with the chummy disadvantage so that she was probably innocently hugging him/her several times their childhood.
I dunno. A lot of teens rebel against their parents as a part of establishing their adult identities, and that'd apply to their bioroid de-facto-mother as much as their biological parents. It sort of conflicts with trying to **** them. Besides, even in 2100, parent-child incest is still taboo; I imagine that part of the Deep Learning program that gives the bioroids their starting Native Language and Cultural Familiarity probably also gives them things like understandings of things like incest taboos. ;) :P

Quote:
So the husband is bringing home someone who really, really likes sex, is going to get lonely without company, and who is not going to go out very often, and she exists to serve her master, and who likes to be disciplined when they are naughty...somehow I just don't see them selling them very frequently with a primary purpose as maids or in child care.
Primary purpose? No. They're an all-around domestic utility bioroid, good for pretty much any domestic role, whether that's cooking, cleaning, taking care of children, providing sexual or emotional relief, giving cuddles or massages, or whatever. They're not maid-bots or nanny-bots, they're idealised wife-bots. :P

Quote:
As a company do I want to wait and sell new dolls to my customers every 40 years (approximate apparent age of the doll 28) or every 10 years (apparent age of the doll 28)?
So, a company that goes for quantity over quality is a viable corporate strategy, but so is the reverse: going for high-end quality products that will last a long time.

Quote:
Would the client base prefer fresh new young faces promising fresh new tech advances (now with eros 2 or 3 or 4) want to keep the same doll for 40 years let alone 128 years? Would their tastes change in just five years let alone 50 years? Do you really want to essentially commit to a 128 year long commitment with a living sex doll (assuming that such a relationship even remains legal for even a fraction of that time period).
Well, technically, the legal commitment's just for the length of the indenture. After that it's just a few adults deciding to cohabit. Though, yeah, people who want a long-term relationship and don't want the baggage associated with a human woman are one of the big target markets.

Quote:
What I am assuming is that people who are paying money to own someone young for sex (which is ultimately what Foxwives are built best for) is going to want to replace their current gen model with new modals at less than 1 every 40-128 years. I am assuming that someone who wants an exotic sex companion is much more likely to experiment with other exotics as well. I am further assuming that fads are going to come and go in the exotic bioroid sex market and that Fox girls will give way to next bioroid gens cat girls which will give way to the next gens vampire girls etc etc. That such fads are probably going to rotate at less than 5 years per shift (a little over 3 generations of vat grown fox girls).
I dunno. After a few years you'll probably grow pretty attached to your current concubine emotionally, and it's not like you have to throw your old ones out on the street when you get new ones anyway; the sultans of old had hundreds of wives for a reason, you know. ;)

Last edited by nick012000; 12-20-2013 at 09:00 AM.
nick012000 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
robkelk
Untitled
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: between keyboard and chair
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Go ahead! I actually got banned from the Fenspace forums a while back for this sort of thing, LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Oh! What was your nik there? (You can PM me if you'd prefer.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick012000 View Post
Same thing as it is here, IIRC.
Ah, now I remember you. Your sociopath-Mary-Sue character was rejected on account of not fitting in with the setting, but your account is still active...
__________________
Rob Kelk
Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
Bernard Baruch,
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
The Colonel
 
The Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Frankly, some of the objections to the bioroid can be applied to some degree to a human concubine/trophy wife as well.

Wouldn't be the first fictional plot to revolve around a son taking up with his dad's much younger trophy wife... so a bioroid even more so I would suspect.
The Colonel is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
Eukie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Echoing other people in this thread, I'd like to offer the criticism that you seem to have built the Foxwife Domestic Bioroid around your (apparent) fetish for an eternally young submissive fox-girl maid sex slave wife-thingy. Rather than, say, meeting some commercial or practical need.

It seems that, outside of a small group people with very specific sexual interests, this bioroid isn't very useful; neither as an element to put into a campaign world, nor to play in a game or have as an ally.
Eukie is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper
 
vicky_molokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kyv, Ukraine
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukie View Post
Echoing other people in this thread, I'd like to offer the criticism that you seem to have built the Foxwife Domestic Bioroid around your (apparent) fetish for an eternally young submissive fox-girl maid sex slave wife-thingy. Rather than, say, meeting some commercial or practical need.

It seems that, outside of a small group people with very specific sexual interests, this bioroid isn't very useful; neither as an element to put into a campaign world, nor to play in a game or have as an ally.
Frankly I was surprised the OP went all the way to make the template from scratch. I mean, there's the 100% official Huli Series template already for the fox-lovers living in 2100.
__________________
Vicky 'Molokh', GURPS FAQ and uFAQ Keeper
The Eye of Eclipse Phase. A Discord server focusing on Roleplaying, Sci-Fi, Transhumanism, and discussion of other assorted topics, from tech to boardgames, from politics to philosophy.
vicky_molokh is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #20
nonex
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukie View Post
Echoing other people in this thread, I'd like to offer the criticism that you seem to have built the Foxwife Domestic Bioroid around your (apparent) fetish for an eternally young submissive fox-girl maid sex slave wife-thingy. Rather than, say, meeting some commercial or practical need.

It seems that, outside of a small group people with very specific sexual interests, this bioroid isn't very useful; neither as an element to put into a campaign world, nor to play in a game or have as an ally.
Well, wow, no ****. Even on 4chan people are told to take this stuff to /d/ or the closest ERP thread.
nonex is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
biotech, racial template

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.