Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #601
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Yeah, you brute you!

LOL!
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #602
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
((OOC: Not sure if there is...but Mitch would have his phone with him, yes? Can we say it's his phone ringing? Or better yet...can we say the Soldier who usually tends to the Tether left his there?))
We can make it Kane's. If a Malakite doesn't have a durable phone, who does? Especially one that travels the IE.

The next question is, will you want to pick it up from where it's lying? ;)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #603
tHEhERETIC

Keeping in mind that I'm tired, stressed and hungry as I write this...

That's all the plan I had for that scene. Yes, I know I like to screw over PC's with details and don't blame you for minding them. My plan right now involves a fast forward a few days to give the slaughter god time to do some badness. IRL of course I"m moving from Korea to Japan with a cat and entirely too much stuff, and anxiety wreaking havoc with my sleep patterns. I'll want--need--this escape, but if it's all the same to you I'd prefer to keep it chatty for a little over a week while my RL gets settled back down.

That said--
Ryuki will spring for airfare back to San Francisco. For the moment that's still pocket change to him, though he knows now that doesn't last forever.
I could be realistic with the ice cream truck and tell you about the teeny tiny sink hooked up to a bottle of water underneath, or I could let you do what you want.
Corat's arrival will make a Disturbance, which will allow Ruby's little network of spies to track it a little longer. How long I won't say, but not forever. She won't act unless you shake things up--she has her tribute.
Which should make you wonder...what did Ryuki pay for the right to travel freely through L.A.? Or Corat, for that matter? Or Mitch, or Zahirah, or Rina, or...?
Mitch and Zahira: Up to you, but given what I've written in the past, maybe nothing. Maybe she just tolerates him, or can't touch him for whatever reason.

Anyway, back to packing.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #604
Rocket Man

The only thing I was going to add was that, rather than flying back, Kane's going to try to reunite with his pickup truck in the IE and drive to San Fran once he's dressed and somewhat cleaned off. He'll gladly take folks for company, though if more than two passengers want a ride, they'll have to pile into the bed.

Not only does he like having the freedom of his own wheels, but it makes Ruby's job a little harder if the group takes divergent routes back to San Francisco.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #605
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
The only thing I was going to add was that, rather than flying back, Kane's going to try to reunite with his pickup truck in the IE and drive to San Fran once he's dressed and somewhat cleaned off. He'll gladly take folks for company, though if more than two passengers want a ride, they'll have to pile into the bed.

Not only does he like having the freedom of his own wheels, but it makes Ruby's job a little harder if the group takes divergent routes back to San Francisco.
Sunae would prefer to take an alternate route back, but she has to get back as soon as she can.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #606
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post

I see no problem with that, and you can count Corat in for a ride in the bed. Once a Windy...

Though if you wish to amuse Madame la GM, a picture of his redneckmobile would be warmly welcome.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #607
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I see no problem with that, and you can count Corat in for a ride in the bed. Once a Windy...

Though if you wish to amuse Madame la GM, a picture of his redneckmobile would be warmly welcome.
I'll see what I can do. :) The verbal description is a blue-and-white 1971 Chevy pickup (C-series) that looks like it's been running almost continuously since that time. Dents populate the body from years of running over gravel roads, a seemingly permanent layer of grit has dulled the colors and the paint itself has gotten patchy. But it still runs pretty well, despite occasional bits of crankiness.

The windows, of course, are hand-cranked. The radio is fiddle-with-the-dials-and-pray; the tape deck sees far more use. And the heater tends to work one day in three during the winter -- not a big deal for an angel, or even in California for the most part, but worth noting for mortal passengers in colder climes.

In short, it's not the hero of the song "Rusty Chevrolet" yet -- but it's probably on the road there in a decade or so, even with regular loving care to the engine itself.

The most notable feature of the pickup, though, is on the rear gate where the word "Chevrolet" has been painted out except for the "R." That now serves as the center of a newly painted message: "GIT R DONE."

EDIT: Lady A and I wound up "chatting" the drive back; I'll gladly send you a transcript when I get a moment.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 03-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #608
Puck

Quote:
That said--
Ryuki will spring for airfare back to San Francisco. For the moment that's still pocket change to him, though he knows now that doesn't last forever.
I could be realistic with the ice cream truck and tell you about the teeny tiny sink hooked up to a bottle of water underneath, or I could let you do what you want.
Corat's arrival will make a Disturbance, which will allow Ruby's little network of spies to track it a little longer. How long I won't say, but not forever. She won't act unless you shake things up--she has her tribute.
Which should make you wonder...what did Ryuki pay for the right to travel freely through L.A.? Or Corat, for that matter? Or Mitch, or Zahirah, or Rina, or...?
Mitch and Zahira: Up to you, but given what I've written in the past, maybe nothing. Maybe she just tolerates him, or can't touch him for whatever reason.

Anyway, back to packing.
Mitch has kept his head down mostly, while she does have demons keeping an eye on his shop his customers probably aren't really the type of people she cares much about, the working poor trying to keep their heads above water.

Mitch will help Gilbert and the Senichsal clean the truck up and help him get it painted a new color and get new licence plates. He'll also check with Gilbert to see if he wants to keep driving the truck now that it's drawn Ruby's attention. If he does, he'll recommend that he dye his hair and such and make himself a little harder to reconise.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #609
alexondria

Quote:
"You have been awfully quiet, dear. Is everything alright? You argued with such spirit before."
Who is talking?
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #610
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Who is talking?
Dignity, the Seneshal who was schooling Glen a second ago. ;)

Tags
in nomine