Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #401
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

A quick reminder--Corat is now a Wheel of War. Must be dragged bodily off the field of battle. Unlike a Malakite however, he can't just shrug off Trauma.

I'll reply, but this could easily devolve into a flag-waving contest.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-26-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: adjusting my euphemism
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #402
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Is there a way for Kane to reach her two demonic backups in the garage without being noticed? Say, while everyone else is talking?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #403
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Is there a way for Kane to reach her two demonic backups in the garage without being noticed? Say, while everyone else is talking?
Yes and no.

The three wasp-stung idiots are with her, so the low-hanging fruit is out.

The other backups, who may include the big guy, are just outside the garage, and they're four and slowly growing in number. Kane could go through the garage and possibly pick them off without being seen, but it's possible he will be seen. I'd say 'by exactly the wrong demon' but Malakim don't suffer Trauma. I'll have to look at the book to see how quickly he'll bounce back (or if you know offhand I'll take your word for it).

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #404
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Yes and no.

The three wasp-stung idiots are with her, so the low-hanging fruit is out.

The other backups, who may include the big guy, are just outside the garage, and they're four and slowly growing in number. Kane could go through the garage and possibly pick them off without being seen, but it's possible he will be seen. I'd say 'by exactly the wrong demon' but Malakim don't suffer Trauma. I'll have to look at the book to see how quickly he'll bounce back (or if you know offhand I'll take your word for it).
In the case of Malakim, they basically recover instantly in Heaven, and can return to Earth as soon as someone gives them a Vessel. Virtues that have one or more extra Vessels can pull a nice little Terminator routine, coming back time and again after having been "killed."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #405
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
In the case of Malakim, they basically recover instantly in Heaven, and can return to Earth as soon as someone gives them a Vessel. Virtues that have one or more extra Vessels can pull a nice little Terminator routine, coming back time and again after having been "killed."
This will be hilarious. I'm just going to keep Corat in sniper mode, because he can't pull a Terminator.

Really must stat up all those NPC's...
Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #406
Puck

Probably going to be slow in posting this weekend, my FiL is town and we're going to be spending some time with him
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #407
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadLilim View Post
Ash jerks his toward the ferret still sitting on his shoulder.

((just let me know when I run out and the Kyro stops sharing.)

Since I've been completely ignoring the CD (sorry) I'll fiat and say he's got one more round.

Finally statted the villains and their minions. L. Canti is my friend.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-29-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #408
tHEhERETIC

Mostly for RadLilim, but something everyone will shortly know:

Disturbance count for when those Shields go down:

Song of Location aka the bridge, 10pt.
Glen's ward, CD 4, 4 hours or 50 hit points. Due to precedence it will hold a demon or ethereal but only deter an angel.
Kane, Ethereal Form. CD 3 but the Disturbance goes off after he reappears. Not in this calculation.
Nisroc, Ethereal Shields on Glen. Oops, not supposed to work on other than 'self'. Spies is an old bird--perhaps he's just expanded the range to cover..."E x SL ft" can somebody translate that for me?. CD 4 but with a decidedly negative card, 8 of Swords.
Any other Shields that I'm missing or that weren't explicitly stated.

Estimated Disturbance: 18 pt, the rough equivalent of two average angels popping in from above, or one really big one, or a boatload of Songs.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-30-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: 'rolled' check digits
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #409
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Nisroc, Ethereal Shields on Glen. Oops, not supposed to work on other than 'self'. Spies is an old bird--perhaps he's just expanded the range to cover..."E x SL ft" can somebody translate that for me?.
The Song of Transference is your freind here; it can be used to transfer Song effects from the singer to another person. I wouldn't be ata lla surprised if old Nisroc knows it, at least the Ethereal version. (each version is good for Songs in the same realm). BEats me what the SL in the equation might stand for, but I bet the E is Essence.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #410
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
BEats me what the SL in the equation might stand for, but I bet the E is Essence.
SL...Song Level?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine