Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
stilleon

Default Modular Magic - Help Please

Hi there:

I am still working on my Fantasy campaign. I've decided to use Modular Abilities as a "fire and forget" magic system. The character can define how many spell slots he has, and how big a point value they can hold according to the rules. It gets the modifier Spells Only -20% for the cost.

Each spell is then built as a power with the Magical PM. In order to fit them into slots, they might have to have added limitations, usually FP use.

Here are my two questions:

1. I want to add limited use but the parameters I want are not defined ion the book well. I want each spell slot to empty when used (1 use), and "reload" by reading from the character's Grimoire for 10 minutes per spell. What would be the modifier? And for 5 min/spell? And 1 min/spell (choices are good).

2. Any suggestion on how to add spells to a grimoire. I was thinking that spells could be added that reproduce those from Magic. But should I have a system to limit how many he can add? Research or something? Maybe the grimore is limited in size (like in AD&D you had your adventuring grimore and a master grimore). Or limited to a formula based on how many points you can modular. I don't really have an idea here, just want some opinions.

Last edited by stilleon; 03-21-2008 at 01:35 PM.
stilleon is offline   Reply With Quote