Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Onkl

Default Innate attack no show when in template

Hi guys

I'm building a meta-trait template which includes the following innate attack:

Innate Attack (1d Corrosion; Cyclic, 1 Second, 3 Cycles, +200%; Jet, +0%; Reduced Range 2, -20%; Takes Recharge, 15 seconds, -20%; Weakened without 1 minute preparation, -10%) [25]

Since the players will not be able to modify this innate attack, I built the following advantage:

Code:
Betcher's Gland, cost(25), page(wiki), cat(Exotic, Physical, Innate Attack, Natural Attacks),
	mods(General), damage(1d), damtype(cor), acc(0), rangehalfdam(1), rangemax(2), rof(Jet),
	shots(1), rcl(1), reach(), parry(0), skillused(ST:DX, SK:Brawling), mode(attack),
	reachbasedon(0), noresync(yes), description ("This allows a Space Marine to spit a blinding contact poison. The poison is also corrosive and can even burn away strong metals given sufficient time.")
I add this advantage to my template like this:

Code:
adds(_
       AD:Betcher's Gland_
)
Now, when I load the Datafile in GCA, and create a blank new character, the attack mode will appear on the charactersheet when I only add the advantage.

But if I add the template, the advantage will show up in the template block, but the attack is missing from the character sheet.

I must be doing something very stupid but I can't figure out what it is. Could you please help me?

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Innate attack no show when in template

Do other racial attacks appear on the weapons table? If you add Dragon (Basic Set) to the character does the burning attack display?
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Do other racial attacks appear on the weapons table? If you add Dragon (Basic Set) to the character does the burning attack display?
It does not.

This is what my sheet looks like after adding the Dragon Template, a constriction attack, corrosion attack and "Betcher's Gland"

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10971026/Character%201.pdf

I got version v4.0.423 of GCA

I run it under Windows XP in a VMWare Enviroment

I got the datafiles released on the 07-24-2012

I load the following GDF:

GURPS Basic Set 4th Ed.--Characters.gdf
GURPS Powers 4e.gdf
AdeptusAstartes.gdf

I can't remember having this problem, then again: I've never used innate Attacks in from a Template.

Cheers and thanks

Onkl
Old 08-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
tmedwards

It's possible that it could be your sheet options. Check the sheet options for the Phoenix profile that you're using there. Find the Traits Options section, then the Hidden Trait Options sub-section, and make sure that Melee Attacks and Ranged Attacks are enabled/checked. They come enabled by default, but disabling them would cause the behavior you're seeing if the traits in question are forced to be hidden by their template.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards View Post
It's possible that it could be your sheet options. Check the sheet options for the Phoenix profile that you're using there. Find the Traits Options section, then the Hidden Trait Options sub-section, and make sure that Melee Attacks and Ranged Attacks are enabled/checked. They come enabled by default, but disabling them would cause the behavior you're seeing if the traits in question are forced to be hidden by their template.
Thank you so much! That was it! You just made my day! :)

Tags
advantage, gca, innate attack, template