Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2018, 11:40 PM   #32
Izzy_B

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
Canonically, the IDF developed their own cybertank - called the Golem - in great secrecy. They only revealed it when a Combine/Paneuro battle spilled over into their territory. It had the speed of a Mk. III, but mounted firepower more in line with a Mk. IV - 1 MB, 3 SB, and 3 missile racks, plus appropriate AP batteries. Oddly, it seemed to have worked. The Israeli Empire may very well have survived the Last War, making it the last major human-controlled nation in the Factory States era.
Thanks for that information. But I like my idea better ^_^

After looking through my print copy of the Ogre Book 2E and not finding anything I googled, found a forum link and in turn a link to a wayback machine cache of a now dead site telling me the source is GURPS OGRE. I never thought of that as canon but after looking at the sample PDF and seeing that the book is on sale now, I got that book.

While I dont like the way the middle east and Israel are handled at all but at least this snippet from P96 regarding the Golem supports my own idea: "Israel produced no deliberately sentient models."
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote