Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #21
zoncxs

Default Re: Ask Questions For GURPS After The End (and more) Q&A With PK (#SJGamesLive)

What changes would you do to the Monster Hunter series to make it run a Dresden Files game?
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #22
Minuteman37

Default Re: Ask Questions For GURPS After The End (and more) Q&A With PK (#SJGamesLive)

Vanilla or Chocolate?
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #23
chandley

Do you think AtE could support a mutant animals/plants bestiary? Cinematic animal templates, animal and plant specific mutations, any changes to Freakishness needed...
Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #24
Humabout

The Ritual Path Magic system has been out for quite a while now, and I was wondering if there is anything you would have done differently or wish you had included in either of its publications?

Is SJG interested in putting out books of RPM rituals? If so, would these be themed (a la Plant Spells and Death Spells) or just a random mix of rituals?

If someone was crazy/fanboying enough to include Divine Favor, RPM, and Sorcerous Enchantment all in one game, how well would they play together?

[EDIT]
More on topic...sort of:

My post apocalypse game features a century of supernatural Nazi conspiracies culminating in The End, and my players want to go Monster Hunting After the End. How well do you think these two genres will mesh? Am I nuts - not because I think Katie Perry is obviously Jonbenet Ramsey saved by an ancient Egyptian ritual by her Illuminati parents who couldn't allow such perfect human genes fall prey to the Department of Supernatural Affairs - but for trying to combine an Old West/Survival feel with high-powered monster hunting, and will the rules handle this?

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.

Last edited by Humabout; 05-18-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #25
wabishtar

I've been wanting to use GURPS City Stats to build independent communities in my AtE game. Can you give some guidelines on how that might be done? For example, how should I determine the Wealth statistic of the community or the community's military resources given that the wealth statistic does not exist?

Last edited by wabishtar; 05-19-2016 at 09:36 PM.
wabishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:20 PM   #26
Minuteman37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabishtar View Post
I've been wanting to use GURPS City Stats to build independent communities in my AtE game. Can you give some guidelines on how that might be done? For example, how should I determine the Wealth statistic of the community or the community's military resources given that the wealth statistic does not exist?
Related question. I feel in many ways City States is lacking mechanically, do you agree? Are there any plans to add more to the city states system?
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #27
PK

We have the video stream set up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7is6AgnTX8

See you at 4:00 PM Central Time!

Oh, and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
Will there be a way to watch the broadcast after it's finished?
Yes. This link will be a live feed during the event, and an archive of the interview afterward.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:41 AM   #28
Anders

Thank you for archiving this. It's in the middle of the night in Sweden.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #29
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
We have the video stream set up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7is6AgnTX8

See you at 4:00 PM Central Time!

Oh, and...

Yes. This link will be a live feed during the event, and an archive of the interview afterward.
Transcript for those of us who still prefer text?

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #30
HunterS
Marketing Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
Transcript for those of us who still prefer text?
It's doubtful, we intend for these events to be unique to our video and live channels.
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
after the end