Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
spacemonkey

Default Re: Teleporting to Clean and Strip Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
I personally would never allow that perk. If you want to effectively buy an Immunity to diseases or poisons or irritants as part of your Teleport power, that's fine, but several immunities at once are not a valid perk.
Yeah, I wondered about the lack of discrimination, I mean, why is that drug molecule over there so much more foreign than this water molecule right here? All these sugar molecules, they're just temporary passengers, so they go (or stay, w/e), right?

Expelling all foreign unwanted matter from your body sounds nice, but that's not what the perk does. Of course, that's overanalyzing it, but a strict reading doesn't mention discrimination, or any choice really beyond activation, and the toxin clause only affects toxins.

So what's the damage for sudden hypoxia, collapsed lungs, hypoglycemia, and extreme dehydration?
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #22
Miles

Considering the huge entry cost, I'd say a perk would be fair, so long as it required an IQ roll (taking the same penalties/bonuses as warp, if relevant) and only removed whatever you could take off with a pressure washer. Then it's basically an Accessory perk, without the wetness, noise, and so on associated with an actual pressure washer.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #23
mr beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
Tell me how it helps groom yourself? Tell me how it helps you practice your singing skill. Tell me how it helps providing an alternate locale for friendly contact with your So.

The list goes on.
I said "main need". Tell me how that implies every possible bathroom related activity?
mr beer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning, teleportation, warp