Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-05-2016, 12:43 AM   #21
lachimba

Default Re: [Discworld] What scenarios are we all planning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
I want to do a Twin Peaks Discworld campaign.

I just totally realised what I've got to do. Learn to speak backwards and do a minute or two in a key session for the players. They'll either burst out laughing or be like what the F#$k?! both worthwhile.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:14 AM   #22
dom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
I just totally realised what I've got to do. Learn to speak backwards and do a minute or two in a key session for the players. They'll either burst out laughing or be like what the F#$k?! both worthwhile.
Or they'll think you've had a stroke and call an ambulance...

Great idea, it would certainly add flavour to the setting :)
dom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #23
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1 View Post
Or they'll think you've had a stroke and call an ambulance...

Those options are all compatible with each other.

Looking closer I could probably turn it into a one shot resolved in three hours too. Particularly because quirky characters lend themselves to pregens where you dont have much choice anyway rather than some poor player being forced to build a certain way

Which if I was motivated I could churn out before my actual Discworld game in two week.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:24 AM   #24
dom1

According to the latest SJG tweets, Discworld RPG is now on its way to the shops! Great news for all of us planning new DW campaigns!

I'm really hoping that it will arrive here in the UK before Christmas, not sure if anyone out there knows more on this front?

Having just played an excellent demo session with Phil Masters himself (thanks Phil!) at last weekend's Dragonmeet in London, I'm really excited that the waiting is almost over....
Old 12-06-2016, 06:32 AM   #25
LoneWolf23k

I had this admittedly weird, maybe universe-breaking concept to fit in a Dungeon Fantasy campaign on the Disc.

The Disc is attacked by what is essentially the Burning Legion. An Army of strange, demonic beings basically crash a massive castle-ship onto the Disc, with smaller ones crashing all over the place. Calling themselves Daemons, they basically set their sights on conquering this world, and begin creating war machines and armies of undead and mutated life-forms, including new, powerful dragons.

The Gods of the Disc, in response to this invasion, decide to empower champions among their worshippers, introducing proper Divine Magic (probably in the form of Divine Favor), while the Wizards work out how to harness greater amounts of Thaum energy to battle the Daemons.

The whole thing would be essentially a Fantasy riff on Alien Invasion tropes.
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #26
The Cardinal

Ankh-Morpork and the Discworld have already been invaded by quite a few modern concepts, from rock music to movies and newspapers - so now it's about time for the big fad of the 2010s: superheroes!!

The Shadow, Kick-Ass, Daredevil, Batman, Watchmen, and the Avengers meet the Tick, Darkwing Duck, Hong Kong Phooey, Freakzoid, Condorman, and the Mystery Men - on the mean streets of Ankh-Morpork! :)
Old 12-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #27
Kilmore

Not sure I'll ever run something in Discworld, but my homebrew world has been Pratchett influenced ever since Color of Magic.
Kilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:27 PM   #28
dom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cardinal View Post
Ankh-Morpork and the Discworld have already been invaded by quite a few modern concepts, from rock music to movies and newspapers - so now it's about time for the big fad of the 2010s: superheroes!!

The Shadow, Kick-Ass, Daredevil, Batman, Watchmen, and the Avengers meet the Tick, Darkwing Duck, Hong Kong Phooey, Freakzoid, Condorman, and the Mystery Men - on the mean streets of Ankh-Morpork! :)
I love this, particularly the idea of Hong Kong Phooey trying to explain himself to Sam Vimes after a particularly heroic intervention against the Thieves Guild :-) The Patrician may get quite excited if all these superheroes start doing "good deeds" without the proper paperwork...
Old 12-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #29
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cardinal View Post

Ape-Man, a man with the size and strength (and appearance) of an ape!

Ape-Man, the newest defender of the streets of Ankh-Morpork!

Ape-Man - don't call him a monkey!

And isn't it odd how you never see Ape-Man and that mild-mannered librarian together?

(Okay, fine - some origin ideas are better than others.)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #30
zedlopez

The suspense is killin' me... anyone seen it in the wild? Any news on when it'll hit stores?
zedlopez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discworld, gurps