Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-18-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
TheOneRonin

Default No More Room in Hell [OOC]

Welcome to the OOC thread for the zombie apocalypse game "No More Room in Hell".

I'm going to be reposting some key data from the recruitment thread so we can find everything in one place.

Also, this game is currently full, but if you are interested, keep an eye on this thread. We may end up losing some players, and that would make room for picking up some more.

Here is the cast of characters:
I'm looking at taking a sand-box approach in this game. I'll have an overall story arch, but I'm going to let the players drive the majority of the game. You guys/girls will get to decide your own objectives and determine how you accomplish them. This being a PbP game, I should have lots of opportunities to develop content based on what the players what to do.

Setting Information
The game will be set in 2015 on Earth. The characters will start at or near St. Augustine, Florida, USA, but have the potential to end up just about anywhere. Game time will begin roughly 2 months or so after the start of the "apocalypse", but the characters themselves have been mostly removed from the events over the past 2 months.

The Tie That Binds Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story Setup
The one thing that links all of the players together is Helen Allen. She was a social worker for the state of Florida and eventually ran a half-way house for people in need in the Jacksonville area. She touched each of your lives personally, and helped out when you desperately needed it. All of you loved her dearly in your own way, and that's why her news of passing has struck such a cord in you.

Each of you made sure to attend her wake and funeral to give your respects to a woman who was so influential in your lives. During the funeral, her husband Bill mentioned that Helen loved the beach and that one of her wishes was to spend some time on a tropical island. She never had that chance, so Bill decided that his plan was to spread her ashes on the beach of some place tropical.

Mark Newman, a Doctor who stayed with Helen for a short time in his youth, was moved by this and offered to take Bill to a private island that Mark's stepfather owns near Bermuda so he could fulfill Helen's dying wish. Mark also extended the invite to the few others who were at Helen's funeral (the rest of the PCs) since he has room on his stepdad's Fairline Squadron 78 Custom Yacht.

So all of you agreed, not only because it was important for you guys to honor Helen, but also because who can beat a free trip to an exotic island for free on someone else's yacht?

Other Odds and Ends

Invisible Castle is the online roller of choice. But if you would like to have me roll (like SionEwig suggested), just let me know.

I'm totally fine with there being some intra-party strife and whatnot, but try to keep in mind that, once the crap hits the fan, you all need each other to survive. Being annoying at times is okay, but I'd rather not have the game devolve to PCs stabbing each other in their sleep because someone is being too much of a douchebag. This is especially likely since there will be no law other than what the group decides as a whole is morally and tactically acceptable.

This thread is open for posting.

For now, please refrain from posing the IC thread, which can be found here. I'll make sure I let everyone know as soon as it's open for posting.

Last edited by TheOneRonin; 01-22-2015 at 05:36 AM.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:19 AM   #2
Skullcrusher

Default Re: No More Room in Hell [OOC]

When can we start posting in the IC thread?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
TheOneRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
When can we start posting in the IC thread?
I've got one more post to put up on the IC thread that will set the stage, and then I will let everyone know on this thread and on the Recruitment thread when you guys are free to post in the IC thread.

I should have that post up by some time this evening.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
TheOneRonin

The IC thread is now open for posting!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
TheOneRonin

I want to reiterate an important point.

I have an overall arc in mind, and a small number of planned events, but the rest of the game is in your hands.

You guys get to decide where you are going to go, how you are going to get there, and what you are going to do once you are there.

I'll populate the world and fill in the blanks, run the NPCs and the zombies, and handle all the rest of the normal GM tasks, but this is your story.

I'm excited about seeing where you guys are going to go and what you are going to do next.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
LordChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneRonin View Post
I want to reiterate an important point.

I have an overall arc in mind, and a small number of planned events, but the rest of the game is in your hands.

You guys get to decide where you are going to go, how you are going to get there, and what you are going to do once you are there.

I'll populate the world and fill in the blanks, run the NPCs and the zombies, and handle all the rest of the normal GM tasks, but this is your story.

I'm excited about seeing where you guys are going to go and what you are going to do next.
Me too! LOL. Right now I'm not sure if Trent & Juno are either going to be like arch Nemesis or like bros! In either case I can see there's probably Gona be more than one opportunity for them to beat the snot out eachother. LOL. All in good fun though. Let the boys be boys. Sometimes dudes just need a good fight...you know? For fun! Or just being D's, gotta get it outta your system sometimes, ya know? Sorta like cheap therapy. LOL.

New Juno Character Sheet

Last edited by LordChaos; 02-10-2015 at 10:21 PM.
LordChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordChaos View Post
Juno retorts, "Only reason I might stink is because I'm da Shiz! Unlike your excuse for stinking Dawg. Seriously dudes, have any of you smelled the chemical warfare that emits from this clowns tailpipe? OH MY GOD! Shiz be like hellfire that'll burn your nose hairs clean out ya face." Emphasizing his point with a dramatic display almost like he was swatting away a swarm of bees as he danced around dramatically showing how he'd flee the noxious green fog, "Seriously dudes, if you caught a whiff of his smog it would fry your brain. Next time I have a brain fart I'm blaming this clown." Pointing sideways at Trent and laughing so hard he causes himself a coughing episode, clapping his hands together loudly as he tries to catch his breath. After he finally is able to catch his breath & compose himself he straightens back up & shakes his head, and looks dead at Trent, "No, Seriously Dawg, you need to lighten up on those F'ing protein bars man. If that shiz don't kill you, it'll surely kill us." Juno then waves a dismissing hand towards Trent & walks toward the beach, "I need a smoke Dawgs. Later!"
We're still at sea off the coast.... So you might want to edit that unless you're going for a swim!
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
SionEwig

Question - I probably missed it in one of the posts, but where did we actually leave from? Jacksonville or St. Augustine? That would probably be where most everyone's vehicles are.
SionEwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #9
Skullcrusher

holy crap how did MAtrix Walkers get posted between Mine and Lord Chaos's psot....wierd...frst it wasn't there then it was.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #10
TheOneRonin

@ LordChaos: Matrix Walker is right. You guys are on a yacht about 200 yards off the St. Augustine Coast. It's a big yacht, but Juno will hit water long before he hits the beach.

@ SionEwig: If you check the Captain's log entries in the IC thread, you'll see that you guys boarded the the yacht at the St. Augustine Marina. So yes, that's where everyone's POVs are parked.

I'll try to get another IC post or two from either Ben or Carlos up tonight, and then I'll be offline until tomorrow.