Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2021, 09:36 AM   #25
awesomenessofme1

Default Re: [Supers] Nerfed Marvel Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
I'll readily admit I'm not terribly familiar with the character, but the description of having extremely strong legs imply Super Jump and an increased carrying capacity may be appropriate.
Super Jump seems a bit redundant with having a good level of Enhanced Move. With a Basic Move+Enhanced Move of 78, he has a high jump of around 40' and a long jump of around 150'. That seems good enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
For the latter, something like Lifting ST (No Fine Manipulators -40%) [1.8]/level could work, to whatever level you feel is appropriate (matching his leg Striking ST would be +20, for [36], and would give BL 192 for purposes of things like encumbrance and literally lifting things with his legs, but not for picking things up with his arms). I'd suggest renaming the Limitation to Legs Only to avoid confusion.
It's a fair idea, and I think it might have crossed my mind, but the issue is, pricing is difficult. Calling it effectively No Fine Manipulators might work. I'll think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
The Quicksliver I knew was a speedster and not known for his kicking. However, that Quicksilver isn't supposed to be this Quicksilver, and I realize that. It reminds me more of RWBY's Mercury... who is probably a Quicksilver Expy, making me wonder if Quicksilver either used to be or now is all about dem kicks. XD
Well, based on the Marvel Wikia, as well as a copy of the strength level page from one of the handbooks I got my hands on, he does have strong legs, with him having a leg press of 1000-2000 lb depending on the time of writing. I wasn't sure how to represent that, as I mentioned, and since Striking ST is almost definitionally fast ST, it made sense to me. With this version lacking both the instant acceleration and super-durability of the comics and movie versions, kicking seemed like a good method of fighting to train in.

Quote:
Okay, okay, getting to combat for Quicksilver, during this era, he... wasn't use for direct combat a lot. His powers was for fast rescues, or circumventing the need for combat in the first place. When he did need to attack, it was usually with punches, or maybe even a tackle. Kicking somewhat defeated the purpose, because he needed his legs to run.
Well, I figure punching and kicking will require the same amount of slowing down, and as mentioned, slams are a bad idea when you're a speedster with no special durability.

Quote:
Though, if you can get it for a reasonable price, that really is a good issue of X-Factor to read. I almost have the issue number memorized (thought it was #77), because that is how influential it was for my comic book reading in general. Peter David and Joe Quesada in 1993. :D
I'll keep it in mind if I plan to do a deep-dive for this project.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom setting, marvel, supers