Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #121
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

OCC: I'm taking the line about hampering without any further description to mean setting up a TK vortex designed to trip herazian when he appears within 20 yards of Avatar. This will give a -2 to his body sense rolls within that area. (Alternatively, you can have him make an extra DX roll to avoid stumbling).

Herazian blinks away from the attack -- warping farther away from Avatar for just a moment (warp vs 9, body sense vs 11), before warping right on top of him, with the blade already within where most swords men would parry (warp 13 vs 7, body sense 13 -2 vs 11). He is surprized by the vortex but keeps his feet.

attack 16 + 2 (commited attack determined, -2 defences) -8 (deceptive attack -4 to defences) = 10 vs 11.

Avatar has already moved out of the way, and does not need to defend.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #122
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
OCC: I'm taking the line about hampering without any further description to mean setting up a TK vortex designed to trip herazian when he appears within 20 yards of Avatar. This will give a -2 to his body sense rolls within that area. (Alternatively, you can have him make an extra DX roll to avoid stumbling).

Herazian blinks away from the attack -- warping farther away from Avatar for just a moment (warp vs 9, body sense vs 11), before warping right on top of him, with the blade already within where most swords men would parry (warp 13 vs 7, body sense 13 -2 vs 11). He is surprized by the vortex but keeps his feet.

attack 16 + 2 (commited attack determined, -2 defences) -8 (deceptive attack -4 to defences) = 10 vs 11.

Avatar has already moved out of the way, and does not need to defend.
The Avatar spins using his body to conceal his blade, coming around to slash upward at his foe....
(Deceptive Attack, -8 to skill for -4 to defenses, Roll of 10 vs effective Skill 12, a hit!)

(Note that I previously forgot to add his Striking ST, The damage for "the Weapon" should be 5d (or 2d X 2.5))
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #123
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Herazian tries to blink away, but is too slow (9, needed 7 -- he blinks, but two slowly). Avatar's weapon hits Herazian's torso, ripping across his ribs.

2d*2.5 cut - 1 DR (effective) = 7*2.5 cu -1 DR = 17.5 cu - 1 DR = 16.5 cu = 16.5 *1.5 wounding = 24.75 wounding = 25 wounding = Moderate Wound (-3 shock, chance for impairment)

Herazian comes out 10 feet away, (body sense -3 shock, -2 vortex vs 9 = success) and manages to keep both his feet and his wits. He warps away. If you lacked his blood before, you certainly have it now.

He's wounded, but Resplendians all tend to heal quickly. In half an hour he'll be perfectly fine.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #124
the_matrix_walker

The Avatar howls at the sky..."And once again you flee the field of battle! Admit that you have lost this world Resplendian! I have met your challenge and twice proved you a coward who cannot stand before me!"

Ward's shadow passes the time disposing of the swords littering the icy landscape.

Back on Hutt, Ward informs his colleagues.

"He has fled again, and I have a goodly portion of his blood. Let us go and collect it, and let us devise a way to deny him his teleportation. Any attack that does not incapacitate him only serves to cause him to flee until he recovers."
Old 12-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #125
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

As Ward waits on the ice Herazian appears again: this time holding a large long strange object -- a missile or a bomb of this world.

Herazian: "I have at last relived my mistake, elf. I've been facing you as a warrior, not as a god. I am a great warrior, but you are a better one. This bothered me. Then I realized: I shouldn't face you as a warrior. I should face you as a god."

Ward sends back an image of the object to Hut, and Baba Yaga quickly identifies the object as an unguided 500 bomb from a US arsenel.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #126
the_matrix_walker

((OOC: What is his current distance? How much time passed while he was fetching the bomb? Not enough time to return for the blood (as Ward has asked his companions) I take it.))

Ward's Shadow creates an illusion...

An image of the Avatar roars like a beast and steps forward with a vortex of wind and snow billowing up around him, and he grows to twice his previous size. All this is cover and distraction...

While the display begins, the Avatar, concealed by the illusion, retreats, taking a full move away from the resplendian's bomb.

The illusion of the Avatar shouts "You are no god, resplendian, gods have no need of bombs, nor do they flee battle when things prove challenging. Admit your defeat! Must I kill you to end this nonsense!?!?"
Old 12-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #127
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There has been plenty of time (30 minutes) for them to pick up the blood sample. They just didn't say they were coming, so I moved the plot forward...
------------------------------------
Herzaian: "No, that is what a warrior does. A god needs no rules."

Herazian warps in next to the illusion of the avatar and triggers the bomb. At this point Avatar has managed to get 45 yards away.

The blast is enormous, and throws Herazian off his feet and into the ground -- though that cracks and dumps him in the ice cold ocean. The ice buckles and cracks-- at ground zero the ocean is completely exposed. Chunks of ice fly out from the centre of the explosion.

There is effectively no cover on this piece of ice, but Avatar is still quite adept at dodging fragments (roll of 8). A wave of pressure still hits him hard for 9 points of crushing damage. He takes -3 in shock, and would have to make a HT roll or suffer -2 in impariment (long term shock) -- if he didn't heal from the wound in two seconds. No knock down or knockback takes effect. This wound will go down 2 categories every second. (and thus last two seconds).

Ward needs to specify what he does with the illusion at the center of the blast at this point -- does it ignore it or respond to the explosion.

OCC: the bomb damage was hand waved from RL stats (20 meters 100% lethal to humans, 60 meters 50% lethal), not GURPS stats. I rolled his dodge against fragments before rolling the attack.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #128
the_matrix_walker

((OOC: Note that with base HP 20, Very Rapid Healing and Extreme Regeneration, the Avatar heals 40 HP per second))

The illusion reacts to the blast. The whirl of snow and the image of the Avatar are blown back. Ward guides the image of the Avatar to fly back to the actual Avatar under the water, and covers him in the illusion of being battered, bloodied and burned by the blast, making him appear to be all but defeated. An illusory chunk of ice floats him to the surface.

The Avatar appears to be inches from death, while in reality he is all but recovered. The illusion masked Avatar tries to make a tempting target and Waits for Herazian to come to finish the job.

((Wait for Harazian to come within Step-And... Range))
Old 12-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #129
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

OCC: remember we're using the wounding system. That said, avatar has his wounds go down two steps every second -- which is close at the high levels and doesn't matter as much at the low.

I'm going to count the illusion as a feint -- herazian gets -4 to defenses from the next attack.

Herazian warps to within a yard and fires a blast of energy at the illusion -- at the same time avatar strikes.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #130
the_matrix_walker

the Avatar unleashes a rapid strike, launching two quick impaling strikes at Harazian's vitals!
((OOC: Unless Resplendians are known to have an injury tolerance for such things, in that case, add a second rapid strike, which will keep effective skill at 14, and use cutting damage instead of impaling.))

Rapid strike, -3; Vitals, -3; Effective Skill 14
3d6=14, 3d6=11

((If a third roll is needed: 3d6=13))

Dodge 16 (3d6=13)
(I don't have my dice with me, so I used the castle)

((I'm afraid I didn't fully absorb how your wounding system works, I didn't think it affected healing, but it seems to me regenerating double your HP per turn should take care of an under half your HP wound... I assumed HPx2 was Catagory 6, so he would improve 6 wounding categories per turn.))

((Edit: Just to note, I took a look at the wounding system that was the parent of yours, and see how it works... I had just assumed what you posted was complete, so never looked. That's quite a regeneration Nerf!))

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-07-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Tags
god slayers