Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost In Dreams [Vladimir]

"You're on the edge of the Noachian Plateu, nearby Harcord. which direction doesn't matter, I need to know why you were nearby our forces. We'll see what we can do about clothes: Garby, grab a blanket or towel for our doctor friend."

"You still haven't told me where you're from, and what you want to do. I'm going to have to send you up the line unless we can get some answers, and probably if I do. Least we can do is get it hammered out for you."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #12
ThatMusicWriter

"I'm from Mendov, Russia, near the Georgian border. Last night, I had odd dreams about two opposing armies, and when I woke up, I was here. That's all I know."
ThatMusicWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

srgt. Garibaldi: "Russian, no ideas where you are ... think you're a doctor ... this is going to be a nasty report. And right before a battle too. I think I'm going to write you down as suffering from amnesia, possibly caused either by exposure to the elements or from the stress of war. Mendov, Russia ... Vladamir Chenkov ... doctor... any military experience?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #14
ThatMusicWriter

"No. Just a doctor. My trade is meant to repair the scars of war, not inflict them."
Old 01-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The sergeant shakes his head, then goes to a pack and gets paper and pen. He writes for a while, while one of the soldiers give Vladamir a blanket and some cord 'to tie it up with'.

Two soldiers (the one who gave him the blanket and another soldier take Vladamir to a leitentent, who sends Vladamir on up to a captain, and he sends the party on to a major.

The major looks at the report: "Do you have any objection to being pressed into military service as a doctor for the course of this battle? Good. Show him to the medical core."

By the time he gets to the part of the camp where the medical core is, Vladamir is wishing he had shoes as well as a blanket to wrap himself in. A sleepy soldier tries to look less so as the group approaches: "who is he?"

"Major Garonzo pressed him into service for the battle. We're not sure that he is a doctor, but he claims to be. has some sort of memory problem as it is."

"Where'd ya find a doctor in this wasteland?"

"He's probably military and doesn't remember it. found him wandering naked."

"Well, we'll get him some clothing and some rest. Our quartermaster is down for the night, but I'm sure he'll be happy to spare clothing for a doctor. With any luck, we'll have some more tomorrow."

"Speak for yourself. I hope we don't engage. We've been running from them."

"And we're the crack core of the terran army. We're survivors. cheer up."

This camp is a series of hastily erected tents.. the first Vladamir has seen in the camp. It also is the first place in the camp he's seen with horses and carts.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #16
ThatMusicWriter

Vladimir has had a very long day, and wants to simply get some sleep. He tries to piece together all the info he's had hurled at him [[Made IQ roll 3d6=7]]. He'll do whatever he's told until the time comes to bed down for the night, and then he'll go to sleep. He'll ask around a little to get more info on whatever's been going on with whatever war is afoot, but he'll otherwise sit and wait to find out.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The soldier manages to scrounge up a cot and a place in a tent for Vladimir, in what he assumes is the hospital tent: it has all the equipment, and lots of beds, but only a few occupants.

OCC: I'm taking the IQ roll as a request to confirm facts and resummarize: tell me if it isn't so.

Vladamir is unsure of exactly what has happened, but the following seem to be true:
He is on a planet called mars. It is not the mars he is used to, but the differences are still unknown. Certainly people can and do live on this world, and it is certainly red enough to be the mars of victorian romance.
The people he is with do not have any history of the cold war. They are aware of at least the general modern political geography of Europe, such as the existence of Russia. They don't seem to be aware of Communism, or at least its not important in their world.
The general military equipment seems to date from about the Napoleonic wars or the Crimean war. He is unsure of why this would be so.
On a more immediate scale, he has been pressed into service as a doctor on the eve of a battle. He will likely have a lot of work tomorrow.

That night, Vladmir struggled to sleep wondering what could have happened, trying to ignore the uncomfortable cot he was given, and nervous about what would happen the next day.

Vladamir is woken by a man wearing what is obviously an officer's uniform. "So, we have a man claiming to be a doctor. What are you trained in?"

Old 01-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #18
ThatMusicWriter

"Primarily first aid, injuries, and epidemiology with some herbal farmacology, although I'm unfamiliar with the plants of this region."
[[OOC: What's my familiarity penalty for Esoteric Medicine and Pharmacy (Herbal)?]]
Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

OCC: When gathering from the wild? you don't know how bad. At that point he has to make a scrounging check to try and find earth plants before he can see how bad that default is.
Using supplies they already have? only a tech penalty of -2, -1 if he can get someone else to help him well enough for pharmacy. He likely won't have the supplies he needs for esoteric medicine.

Officer: "A useful set. Shame about the plants, but we've all had to learn the hard way. I don't know how the russians like to do things. We'll find out later. How long have you been practising? And what's epidemiology?"

Old 01-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
ThatMusicWriter

"I've been practicing for 22 years. Epidemiology is the study of diseases and how they spread. So what kind of equipment do you have here?"

[[OOC: What skill bonuses does the equipment give me?]]

Tags
lost in dreams