Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default [IC] Lost in Dreams [Graham]

Graham Danielson dreamed strangely that night. It was a beautiful strangeness though, high, pleasant singing and a mystical woodland. Beautiful colors swam, and the ground was pleasant to sleep on as a bed.

The people were shorter, but with pale skin and jet black hair. They were thin and beautiful, with pointed ears slender fingers.

Graham woke with his back to a massive tree, but the bark was soft rather than rough. Three of the people he dreamed about stood around him, talking in a strange and melodious tongue. They seemed to be confused, and the subject of the conversation was apparently Graham.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
momothefiddler

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Graham]

Graham rubs his eyes and stretches, blinking in the light. "Who... who are you? Where am I?"

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The men don't recognize his language, and discuss things for a while, then they all laugh musical, high toned laughs, and one of them, who has a larger nose than the rest, reaches down and extends a hand to pull him up. The others gesture for Graham to follow them as they start off through the strange woods.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
momothefiddler

He strolls after them, enjoying the sights and the smells and the warm air on his skin and-

Wait.

He stops for a minute, realising he's naked, then continues following them, awkwardly now.

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The men led him into a large... he was not sure whether to call it a clearing, a cave, or a building. Trees and vegetation knit tightly together to form walls and a roof, yet somehow let some light through. Either that or they were glowing of their own accord. door ways and stairs are supported by natural growths-- or at least growths of plants.

Another pale man greeted them at the door, and after a brief discussion, let them in, and gave Graham a large long strip of cloth, maybe four feet by 16 feet, and gestures wrapping it around himself. A woman aproached, looking much the same as the men, and hauntingly beautiful. She was as tall as any fo them.

She said a few words to the elves that brought graham in, and then began to chant at Graham. Hairs rose on his skin, and he felt ... no, thats not quite the word, feeling implies touch, it wasn't seeing or hearing either, And smell doesn't convey the sense of location. Whatever it was, he sensed something strong and rich flowing into the woman, and then flowing towards him.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
momothefiddler

Graham takes the cloth and wraps it around himself, initially attempting to wrap it like a kilt but quickly realising he forgot that long ago and making do with something rough.

He nods to the woman when she approaches, then tenses at the unfamiliar sensation as she begins chanting. He stands still until she's finished, though.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The energies converge on Graham, and he is filled with a strange tingling.

"Can you understand me now?"

The words aren't in english, but in the flowing language they'd used all along. Somehow graham understood that language now.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
momothefiddler

He gives a small shiver, shaking off the tingles. He focuses on the feeling, trying to memorize it, then gives her a quizzical look. "Yes. Yes, I can. Thank you."

Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Normally, I'd send you on your way with your new friends, but I have to wonder who and what you are. You're no elf ..." (the word has more meaning to it that 'elf', but thats what it essentially comes out as in your mind) "but you're no demon either, as far as I can tell. How did you get through barrier?"

Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
momothefiddler

"What barrier? I didn't cross a barrier. I just went to sleep in my bed and woke up here. It seems too real to be a dream, but I never remember my dreams anyway so I guess it's possible. It's certainly idyllic enough."

Tags
lost in dreams