Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #81
Lamech

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane
The "first" post would be edited whenever a change in PB, casualties and superiority occurs, also including feats by your characters. Misfortunes of War are also going to be posted there.

How does that sound to you?
Sounds like a good idea. My only recommendation is replacing any "misfortunes of war", with a detailed-action/zoom-in sequence

Quote:
Also, how do you like the dialogues so far? I must say bravo to each and every one of you, this is one of the better RP convos I have ever witnessed to see. I shall reward this roleplaying with +1, which can be used now if you want to.
+1 cp?

Also should the players start discussing OOC for potential army builds. For example:
"Lamech's-optimized-screw-you": Total cost 500K
1 Inferior Titan. TS: 200, Arm, Art, Eng, Maint: 20K
1 UPS Guy (a.k.a. logistics) TS: (20) Maint 10K
And no, not actually expecting there to be bargain titans for sale. Even if there were it would take nearly a year to raise the titan.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #82
Harry O'Gane

This is where the main PC comes into play. For the sake of simplicity, it would be for the best if the force had one commander at the beginning until everyone starts digging how MC works. Of course, should anytime in the game someof you split and, let's say, take two different forces to two different sides, the rule is that each MUST have its commander. Those with high Strategy and Leadership would, therefore, be the best candidates.

Ergo, Grey_Fox would be the one deciding final strategies (that is, after consulting with you guys in either OOC or roleplaying it in IC. Of course, if it is in IC, characters should at least be near each other.).

The reason I left a "Battle Chest" of 600 Megalan Pounds is so you could raise more army, or upgrade those existing.

Which reminds me, in MC terms, the Regiment of Simonton Barony:
Elements-------------------TS------Class------Movement------Maintain
3 Light Cavalry....................6........Cv, Rec........Mtd...............60K
8 Medium Inf......................24.........N/A...........Foot..............48K
2 Bowmen..........................4............F.... .........Foot..............16K
Logistics (124 LS)..........................Land................. ...............62K

Total:............................................ ....................................186K/month

This is your starting army. It was mentioned in the IC, but not posted. Now, you can discuss your army in IC as well, but only in character. If you want to discuss the mechanics, details regarding price etc, using strict MC terms, do it here, in OOC. Don't want to spoil that beautiful IC with these numbers.

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea. My only recommendation is replacing any "misfortunes of war", with a detailed-action/zoom-in sequence
That, yes.

Quote:
+1 cp?
Yes, one cheese pizza. With olives. J/k. Yep, it's a character point, all right.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #83
Epic Kobold

I may be the new guy to combat in general, let alone the mass stuff, but I'm thinking we get an elite squad of Apache/Ninja sort of folk and train them up while we infiltrate the rebels, get ourselves good and powerful in their ranks with lots of followers than have our elite badasses take out a few key guys on both sides. We surf in on top of the wave of rebellion and rule Cathinis.

After that, world conquest.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #84
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
I may be the new guy to combat in general, let alone the mass stuff, but I'm thinking we get an elite squad of Apache/Ninja sort of folk and train them up while we infiltrate the rebels, get ourselves good and powerful in their ranks with lots of followers than have our elite badasses take out a few key guys on both sides. We surf in on top of the wave of rebellion and rule Cathinis.

After that, world conquest.
And after that, women, booze and food for everyone. Not necessarily in that order.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #85
Lamech

Character Sheet updated to reflect the changes above.
Spoiler:  

Changes are in red

Last edited by Lamech; 07-16-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #86
Epic Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
And after that, women, booze and food for everyone. Not necessarily in that order.

Marko
Sure, why not?

A handful of big, blunt fighters...Minotaurs or Orcs, coupled with just as many fast, small and precise fighters like Gnomes or Halflings. They can fight for glory and gold upon success.

Or we can pull inspiration from the "The Emperor’s Guard" green box from Banestorm pg 90
Old 07-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #87
Grey_Fox

Quote:
I had a plan for figuring out mass combat battles by posting one post that is prone to change (that is, would be edited as the battle goes), meaning that post would signify that the mass combat battle has officialy started, and all the posts after it are actually the actions of your characters and how the strategies are executed.

The "first" post would be edited whenever a change in PB, casualties and superiority occurs, also including feats by your characters. Misfortunes of War are also going to be posted there.

How does that sound to you?

Also, how do you like the dialogues so far? I must say bravo to each and every one of you, this is one of the better RP convos I have ever witnessed to see. I shall reward this roleplaying with +1, which can be used now if you want to.

Also, your characters gain significant character sheet changes.

Godfrey will obviously have a shift in Status to 5. This status, however, becomes fully official once confirmed by the King (which can be arranged very soon) His Wealth effectively changes to Very Wealthy, although he has a significantly bigger sum of money at his disposal (those 600 pounds). He needs to find a replacement for the new guard captain, though. He effectively loses his Rank and Duty as a Captain, but gains new Duty for a bit reduced Price: Duty: Lord of Simonton (FoA. 15 or less) [-15]
Yeah I like the idea of having the one rolling post, keeps things simple and easy to find.

I have enjoyed the dialogs so far, its my first ever play by post game so I am trying not to screw it up too much lol =P.

I dont mind heading up the Mass Combat stuff, Mass Combat and i have been getting to know each other well lately =)

As to Character Sheet changes, quick question about the wealth, Very wealthy gives an average monthly salary of $20,000 at TL3, not sure if you were aware of this or not (its on page 517 of Basic) which means i am gunna have a hard time paying the troops lol, also status 5 is normally multimillionaire 1 which is $1,000,000 a month. A solution might be to drop the status to 4, and raise wealth to filthy rich which is $100,000 per month, also status 4 is lessor noble, or maybe come up with your own system of doing it. But for all i know you may want me to be poor =P lol so just food for thought.

Quote:
Which reminds me, in MC terms, the Regiment of Simonton Barony:
3 Light Cavalry....................6........Cv, Rec........Mtd...............60K
8 Medium Inf......................24.........N/A...........Foot..............48K
2 Bowmen..........................4............F.... .........Foot..............16K
Logistics (124 LS)..........................Land................. ...............62K

Total:............................................ ....................................186K/month
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #88
Epic Kobold

Quote:
The Regiment of Simonton Barony:

If the IRA could do it, we can do it.

Speaking of which, we're in a low-mana area, right? Let's pursue some black powder tech. A few well placed nail bombs should clear the air.

If we take over Cathinis as a whole, we can turn it into a haven for tech, and use our magical shortcomings as an asset.

Let's go guerrilla on this ****.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #89
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Kobold View Post
If the IRA could do it, we can do it.

Speaking of which, we're in a low-mana area, right? Let's pursue some black powder tech. A few well placed nail bombs should clear the air.

If we take over Cathinis as a whole, we can turn it into a haven for tech, and use our magical shortcomings as an asset.

Let's go guerrilla on this ****.
We need chemistry to do that black powder $%@#. And I don't think anyone has that. And to actually make effective bombs we need engineering. Otherwise it would be fairly blatant metagaming. So clearly the first person who dies make a Connecticut Yankee in Walton's Yrth
Old 07-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #90
Epic Kobold

Is it metagaming? Our boys are knowledgeable and from several walks of life, they would be aware that technology exists, even if we're not familiar with the particulars.

Seems if we can raise an army and tip a civil war, we should be able to find and hire a few tech-heads to fight for us.

I could see us raiding a prison to free a few inmates sent away for owning and operating tech.

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth