Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #51
Harry O'Gane

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Questions: Can I use the assumption from magic of "80 energy or less enchantments are 1$ each"? Two how many layers of armor can I have on the skull before you get overly annoyed? Three I suspect you might find a basic speed on 9 objectionable, if you want it lowered that is fine.
Regardin' magic enchantments: No. Magic is priceless in Caithness, and every Energy Point used to make an enchantment costs exactly $45. A fixed price. Some mages might even lower it to $40.

Regarding Basic Speed? It's on 6. Your BM is on 9. Not sure if it will be of much use, but if you think it'll be of use, keep it.

Consider taking two layers. Three if you really cannot see any other option. But yes, two is some kind of a standard. Plus, it's gonna be summertime in Caithness, so dressing up too much will kill ya.

Marko
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #52
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
Consider taking two layers. Three if you really cannot see any other option. But yes, two is some kind of a standard. Plus, it's gonna be summertime in Caithness, so dressing up too much will kill ya.

Marko
The thing is you don't get penalized for layering on the skull, cloth caps don't weigh anything and only go on the skull... but alright then, will change to three layers.
And high basic move is the standard jerk tactic of being an archer, being faster and then peppering the opposition to death. And you can never have too much running awayness.
Character Sheet
Spoiler:  
Fiddled with the reputation value. I note that its full fledged value is a GM call so you'll need to be okay with orcs being considered a large class of people. (I mean they do have there own land right?) Right now I just need to spend the last bit of money, and do the more "fluffy" things, (weight, height ect.) And I need to make sure all the points are adding up right...

Backstory
Spoiler:  

Last edited by Lamech; 07-13-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #53
Skullcrusher

Working on character now. Did you say we could use Low Tech?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #54
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Working on character now. Did you say we could use Low Tech?
Oh my, I guess I just started an avalanche. xD

Well, no one is actually blocking you from using it but I don't really see the need.

Let's put it this way: 70% of the time you will be dimplomats, simply talking and discussing your next move and the problem set upon you. 10% of the time you will be in big battles. Yes, in those battles, you'll be provided with zoom-ins, where a bit of individual combat will be shown. The remaining 20% would be espionage, scouting and other miscellaneous missions.

As I've said, the biggest focus here is on fighting as an army, not the hand-to-hand combat.

Yes, you may use Low-Tech and modify your gear but I don't see the point of going into that much detail. What I want detailed as much as possible, though, are your backstories.

Marko
Old 07-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #55
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Oh my, I guess I just started an avalanche. xD

Well, no one is actually blocking you from using it but I don't really see the need.

Let's put it this way: 70% of the time you will be dimplomats, simply talking and discussing your next move and the problem set upon you. 10% of the time you will be in big battles. Yes, in those battles, you'll be provided with zoom-ins, where a bit of individual combat will be shown. The remaining 20% would be espionage, scouting and other miscellaneous missions.

As I've said, the biggest focus here is on fighting as an army, not the hand-to-hand combat.

Yes, you may use Low-Tech and modify your gear but I don't see the point of going into that much detail. What I want detailed as much as possible, though, are your backstories.

Marko

Well if we are being Charged by the Lord to fight would it be ok to assume he will supply use with equipment. I am just looking at buying equipment. If we don't need to worry about that and can take a "Reasonable" amount of equipment for our PC's to fight a war then I am fine with that...if we have to purchase then I have to worry about what I can buy.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #56
Lamech

That character sheet should be finalized unless someone comes up with a reason to change it; except for a few bits of minor equipment. Can I just assume a few days of rations, a couple quivers and a basic set of clothes and traveling bags costs say... 95$?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #57
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Well if we are being Charged by the Lord to fight would it be ok to assume he will supply use with equipment. I am just looking at buying equipment. If we don't need to worry about that and can take a "Reasonable" amount of equipment for our PC's to fight a war then I am fine with that...if we have to purchase then I have to worry about what I can buy.
All right, whether you'll be charged by Lord Walton of Simonton depends on what happens IC. There is a good reason why I keep pushing on that a lot of details is not necessary and it could simply kill the game. Once you receive the opening PM and the game starts, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Quote:
That character sheet should be finalized unless someone comes up with a reason to change it; except for a few bits of minor equipment. Can I just assume a few days of rations, a couple quivers and a basic set of clothes and traveling bags costs say... 95$?
Okay, let's. Once again, as I've said in many previous posts, don't worry too much about nitty-gritty details. You sound like Lord Walton himself.

Marko
Old 07-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #58
Lamech

Quote:

Okay, let's. Once again, as I've said in many previous posts, don't worry too much about nitty-gritty details. You sound like Lord Walton himself.

Marko
Sweet. Then the character is good to go!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #59
Skullcrusher

Harry I sent you a PM incase you didn't see it.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #60
Harry O'Gane

Quote:
Harry I sent you a PM incase you didn't see it.
Yes, I had a bunch of other mails from other games, will read your now.

Marko

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth