Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #31
Hannes665

Default Re: [OOC] The Marching Storm

Sir Green Heathwood was born in Denton, son of a landless knight Caran Heathwood. At the age of 13 his father arranged for Green to become squire to Sir Bran knight in the service of the Baron of Simonton.

After 7 years Green was knighted. He is not the smartest spoon in the set, but he is fair with his weapons, specially his morning-star that he had special made for him by a dwarven smith. He serves his Baron with a great loyalty and his very loyal to his fellow knights and companions.

Name: Sir Green Heathwood
Race: Human

Attributes [110]
ST 13 [30]
DX 13 [60]
IQ 10
HT 12 [20]

HP 13
Will 10
Per 10
FP 12

Basic Lift 34
Damage 1d/2d-1

Basic Speed 6,25
Basic Move 6

Ground Move 6
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 3 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: Christian (Native) [0].
Languages: Anglish (Native) [0].

Advantages [42]
Charisma (1) [5]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Fit [5]
Signature Gear (His Armor, Bastard sword, Monringstar and shield) (7) [7]
Status (2) [10]

Perks [1]
Weapon Bond (Flail) [1]

Disadvantages [-40]
Code of Honor (Chivalry) [-15]
Discipline of Faith (Ritualism) [-5]
Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]
Sense of Duty (To his companions and friends) (Small Group) [-5]
Stubbornness [-5]

Quirks [-5]
_Unused Quirk 1 [-1]
_Unused Quirk 2 [-1]
Bowlegged [-1]
Careful [-1]
Congenial [-1]

Packages [0]
Knight-Errant (Banestorm) [0]

Skills [42]
Area Knowledge (Caithness) IQ/E - IQ+0 10 [1]
Axe/Mace DX/A - DX-1 12 [1]
Brawling DX/E - DX+1 14 [2]
Broadsword DX/A - DX+1 14 [4]
Carousing HT/E - HT+0 12 [1]
Connoisseur (The Bible) IQ/A - IQ-1 9 [1]
Flail DX/H - DX+2 15 [12]
Heraldry IQ/A - IQ-1 9 [0]
Leadership IQ/A - IQ+0 10 [1]
includes: +1 from 'Charisma'
Riding (Horse) DX/A - DX+1 14 [4]
Savoir-Faire (High Society) IQ/E - IQ+2 12 [4]
Shield (Shield) DX/E - DX+1 14 [2]
Tactics IQ/H - IQ-1 9 [2]
Targeted Attack (Flail Swing/Face) Tech/H - def+2 12 [3]
Two-Handed Sword DX/A - DX+1 14 [4]

Stats [110] Ads [42] Disads [-40] Quirks [-5] Skills [42] = Total [150]

Hand Weapons
1 Large Knife LC:4 $40 Wgt:1
swing Dam:2d-3 cut Reach:C,1 Parry:7 ST:6 Skill:Sword!, Knife, DX-4, Force Sword-3, Main-Gauche-3, Shortsword-3
thrust Dam:1d imp Reach:C Parry:7 ST:6 Skill:Sword!, Knife, DX-4, Force Sword-3, Main-Gauche-3, Shortsword-3 Notes:[1]
1 Medium Shield, Heavy LC: $60 Wgt:14
Shield Bash Dam:1d cr Reach:1 Parry:No ST: Skill:DX-4, Shield-2, Shield (Shield)
Shield Rush Dam:slam +DB cr Reach:1 Parry:No ST: Skill:DX-4, Shield-2, Shield (Shield)
1 Morningstar LC:4 $80 Wgt:6
Dam:2d+2 cr Reach:1 Parry:12U ST:12 Skill:Flail, DX-6, Axe/Mace-4, Two-Handed Flail-3 Notes:[6]

1 Thrusting Bastard Sword LC:4 $750 Wgt:5
one-handed swing Dam:2d cut Reach:1,2 Parry:11U ST:11 Skill:Sword!, Broadsword, DX-5, Force Sword-4, Rapier-4, Saber-4, Shortsword-2, Two-Handed Sword-4
one-handed thrust Dam:1d+2 imp Reach:2 Parry:11U ST:11 Skill:Sword!, Broadsword, DX-5, Force Sword-4, Rapier-4, Saber-4, Shortsword-2, Two-Handed Sword-4
two-handed swing Dam:2d+1 cut Reach:1,2 Parry:11 ST:10† Skill:Sword!, Two-Handed Sword, DX-5, Broadsword-4, Force Sword-4
two-handed thrust Dam:1d+3 imp Reach:2 Parry:11 ST:10† Skill:Sword!, Two-Handed Sword, DX-5, Broadsword-4, Force Sword-4

Ranged Weapons
1 Large Knife LC:4 Dam:1d imp Acc:0 Range:10.4 / 19.5
RoF:1 Shots:T(1) ST:6 Bulk:-2 Rcl: $40 Wgt:1

Armor & Possessions
1 Boots $80 Wgt:3 Location:feet
1 Mail and Plates/TL3 (arms) $500 Wgt:10 Location:arms
1 Mail and Plates/TL3 (Coif) $300 Wgt:6 Location:skull, face, neck
1 Mail and Plates/TL3 (Pot Helm) $200 Wgt:4 Location:skull
1 Mail and Plates/TL3 (thighs) $450 Wgt:9 Location:thighs
1 Mail and Plates/TL3 (torso) $1000 Wgt:20 Location:torso
1 Segmented Plate, Medium/TL2 (hands) $90 Wgt:2.4 Location:hands

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #32
Grey_Fox

If you have room for one more, I am new to GURPS but am very familiar with Mass Combat (I have been using it in my current game, i also have a spread sheet which takes a lot of the work out of Mass Combat which i will be sharing up on the forum when I get the final nod from SJ Games legal department about its content, will get word tomorrow I think, fingers crossed)

I was thinking of playing something along the lines of a guard captain, hero of the poor people sort of idea. Maybe pending skullcrusher and GM approval i could play skullcrushers 2nd in command in his Merc company as a way of banding the group together.

Anyway let me know if you have room and in the meantime I will start to stat up the character.
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #33
Lamech

Here's the character sheet:

Spoiler:  

Its not quite finished. If the Outdoorsman-lite talent gets approved that will get added. Is weirdness magnet okay?

For the back story I was thinking of someone who alternated as working as a guard (protecting merchants, helping a noble pull something off whatever) and stupid adventuring things. Fighting in the Orclands exploring the Greatwoods ect.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #34
Grey_Fox

Out of date
Spoiler:  

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 07-16-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Grey_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #35
Epic Kobold

I give you, Grok's character sheet.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #36
Harry O'Gane

@ Epic Kobold: Dude, you said you do writing for living? Did I by any chance read any of your books? Because this is simply awesome! Give yourself extra 2 points and use them on whatever you want to.

@Lamech: Regardless of you take the role or not, you can feel free to declare your character related or not. As of now, it doesn't make much difference. I think I have something in the sleeve.

@Hannes665 and Grey_Fox: Give me a sec to look at your characters but yes, you can join. As of now, I'll close the roster.

Last edited by Harry O'Gane; 07-13-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Harry O'Gane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #37
Harry O'Gane

@Lamech: Just noticed the sheet. Yes, you can take the talent you mentioned, seems logical enough to me, although I'd also put Navigation in. After all, it's not all about using the instruments, but reading the clues in the nature that point the direction (moss on trees, position of the sun etc.).

If it is possible, could you replave Weirdness Magnet with something like a Duty to the Lord of Simonton, or maybe a Sense of Duty? All in all, I already told some other players, namely Epic Kobold, to get rid of that disadvantage.

Your character could be a ranger of some sort, patrolling the borderlands? Maybe?

@Hannes & Gray Fox: The characters look fine. However, not sure whether you read the part in the first post, regarding the main PC. I have Skullcrusher as one of the candidates, Lamech said he'd rather not, but these two candidates are very good characters for that.

ESPECIALLY Godfrey. Godfrey looks as if I made him to be the main PC. Should you take this role, a couple of things would be changed regarding your character: First of all, a significant amount of your backstory, where your character would actually be of noble blood. Now, he would in fact be a nephew of Lord Walton of Simonton, but your character never went to claim that fact.

Now, onto the things regarding the char himself. Taking the Duty as a Captain requires a Rank 2 (Military). It also gives you +1 Status and a couple of people working under you.

Also, No Sense of Humour is a fully fledged disadvantage. However "Dislikes jokes" is a valid quirk.

Last edited by Harry O'Gane; 07-13-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:50 AM   #38
Epic Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
@ Epic Kobold: Dude, you said you do writing for living? Did I by any chance read any of your books? Because this is simply awesome! Give yourself extra 2 points and use them on whatever you want to.
Oh, I wish. I can't seem to get my fiction published for the life of me. You ever go to a page that's just a huge info dump with a ton of links worked into it? I write those. I also occasionally write reviews for products and services. I'd provide links, but by contract, I can't take credit.

One day when I get enough short fiction and/or poetry together I may try to publish a book, but I haven't even begun to work seriously on that.

I also have a few scripts for stuff I'd love to put up on you tube, but lack actors and equipment.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #39
Harry O'Gane

Such a shame. I mean, not only the story about this PC, but all the other stuff, like Awake IC and the whole Liquored Lizard, awesome storytelling. Really love your style!

Marko
Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #40
Epic Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry O'Gane View Post
Such a shame. I mean, not only the story about this PC, but all the other stuff, like Awake IC and the whole Liquored Lizard, awesome storytelling. Really love your style!

Marko
Thanks, I use this to keep my skills sharp.

If I take penetrating voice, could I get the +1 bonus to intimidate?
Also, what is the language in our neck of the woods?
What do the native Reptile-Men speak?

Tags
banestorm, caithness, civil war, mass combat, yrth