Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #1041
Dalillama

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Schuck should still be sitting next to Glen.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #1042
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Schuck should still be sitting next to Glen.
Corat just called him over to sit next to Dando, and he's looking at Glen to see whether that's okay. (Was I dream-typing again, or just being opaque?)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #1043
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Corat just called him over to sit next to Dando, and he's looking at Glen to see whether that's okay. (Was I dream-typing again, or just being opaque?)
Oops, no I just somehow missed the bit about Shuck in that post.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #1044
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Corat watches Kane leave, and then notices Dando's hand reaching predictably for the hound. He reassures Shuck, who lets the fallen being scratch his head. Dando's no dummy, and massages Shuck's itchy ears to puppy bliss. This makes Corat smile, and he sets Dando's head down and says a word in his ear. He's content and relaxed.

Or so it seems. In a blur of motion he is on his feet, ignoring Glen and everyone but Sunae and her sword. He kicks at her hand, forcing the sword out of it with momentum and technique. He keeps an eye on her and an ear on the others.
This was actually a closer draw than I wanted. I was using an older character sheet for Corat, not wanting to dig into the paper notebooks, and the TN just barely beat Sunae's, even after accounting for a Disarm skill and Wheel/War resonance. The CD though, Queen of Wands, speaks of pure power over others. It's an excellent match for his state of mind right now:

http://www.angelpaths.com/wands/wandsqu.html

Quote:
The Queen of Wands

As a suit, Wands are direct, determined and connected to Will and its appropriate application. The Queen of Wands represents a woman who knows exactly what she wants out of life, and aims at her goals with great dedication.

She is often a woman who has experienced conflict and trauma, and learned from these. She's usually independent, forthright and self-motivated. As a friend she will be loyal and honest, though sometimes given to handing out unwelcome advice, and taking over.

As a parent she can be quite dominant, claiming that she wants her off spring to be self-reliant and confident, but sometimes tending to become impatient, and do things on their behalf in her own way, rather than allowing her children to make up their own minds.

She's a fighter, who does not suffer fools gladly. She will support and assist those who are vulnerable and needy, offering unceasing energy and determination. She takes up causes readily, and proves herself a worthy adversary. However she has a tendency not to know when to stop, and enjoys being at the forefront of the battle, rather than beavering away on the more routine aspects of any campaign.

This is a forceful and proud woman. She applies high standards to everything she becomes involved in. As a result, she can sometimes be somewhat intolerant of people who do things differently.

So - The Queen of Wands - a fine ally, and a dangerous enemy!
This is a turning point in the character.

And for the record Remiel's presence was a catalyst here. I had mixed feelings about such a complete wetwing in the story, but I've come around.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 01-07-2013 at 11:33 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #1045
tHEhERETIC

First, my profuse apologies to Mysteris. I don't remember his/her real name (or gender for that matter) but found every other player happened to be on Facebook tonight. I told myself the scene would be short and that Remiel would be unlikely to interfere...didn't quite work out that way.

Mysteris, if you're willing, could you PM me your Facebook info? In case this happens again?

Transcript posted shortly
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #1046
tHEhERETIC

Rereading the transcripts, and I thought I'd explain my thinking on something.

Quote:
Sunae
"I thought you were doing something with the humming. No wonder he panicked. Oh well"

Mitch
"Of course I would talk to him. I'm happy to talk with anyone."

Kane
"I didn't want to break his train of thought, and I didn't think he'd recognize the humming."
Ironically, that's not why Dando bolted.

Quote:
He looks at the voice of reason in the group. "He didn't tell us--in case this very thing happened. He's gone. You won't find him." This thought gives him a bit of peace. "Tell the world that I, Dando of the dogs, have walked its earth one more time."
Translation: "Despite the desperate situation, I will not talk. I don't know where he is and probably can't tell you anything of value. I should go now..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Dando of the dogs?" Mitch glances around to see if anyone reconizes the name. "You may underestimate our resorces Dando of the dogs. Never the less, tell us his name, this person you claim we will not find."
What he heard: "Not giving up. Still asking questions (albeit one that he probably knows the answer to.)" Answering the question would be damning to the seventh man, and in his mind would be followed up by more questions.

Incidentally, the name of the seventh man has been revealed, but in a PM. >:)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #1047
Dalillama

Quote:
((and the GM without a voice-of-the-GM, unless I get really creative with those dogs!
And now I'm having visions of Black Shuck impersonating Scooby-Doo. Scary, scary visions.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #1048
tHEhERETIC

You're all going to get to Kingman's without incident--at least if Earl's top is down. I'd post that in IC but I have to mentally prep a description of the place, and I just finished 12 pages worth of job application (three pages left to go) and my brain has folded tonight.

Ruh-roh! ;)
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #1049
Mysteris

I'm kind of confused on what is going on and what I'm supposed to do here with Remiel. :/ I'll PM you shortly GM.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #1050
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteris View Post
I'm kind of confused on what is going on and what I'm supposed to do here with Remiel. :/ I'll PM you shortly GM.
What's going on--as Remiel gave some Essence to Glen to start binding the very bloody ethereal, Corat (bald beefy Ofanite and occasional leader of this party), tricked the party into letting the guy go. This trick involved waiting until Kane had walked a short way away and then kicking the sword out of Sunae's hand.

An argument ensued. Apparently Corat felt they were or were about to torture Dando out of the information and he wasn't willing to see that happen. (He would have thrown Remiel a look or two, since he's very aware that he's setting an example for a young one here.)

Sunae--and possibly others (Remiel has high Int and Perception to catch the subtle communications, but little or no experience interpreting them) were concerned that Corat wasn't himself, was possibly possessed when he did this. Sunae might still think so, Mitch has said that he thinks not. The name Loki got tossed around as a suspect--was Dando actually Loki--who would be quite capable of overpowering a mere angel's Will?

This is IIRC the first time Remiel has seen Corat raise his voice, and he's quite intimidating when he does. Not that this impresses Kane or Sunae much.

The party decides to get in their respective cars--most in the old Cadillac, someone to drive Mitch's car and Tom's car. Corat takes off on the motorcycle, partly to return it to its owner but partly because Sunae insists she can't stand the sight of him right now.

Corat drives off in one direction on his borrowed bike, the rest of the party heads to Kingman's house to loot the book collection. ;)

Folks, tell me if I got that wrong. It's easy to misread intentions.

Tags
in nomine