Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
chuckthedog

Default Books?

Hey, has anyone used books (other then canon Religious Texts and IN books) to inspire In Nomine adventure ideas? If so, which books? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 05-19-2006 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Fix cannon/canon error
chuckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
Fade

Default Re: Books?

I've stolen cheerfully from all sorts of books in order to populate the Marches, though that's not quite the same thing. And I did run one adventure based explicitly on a book, but it was a fictional in-setting book, so again, not quite what you're asking after.

For In Nomine adventures, I'm more often inspired by real-world events than fiction. It's fun to draw parallels between the setting and various books and movies, but I get my adventures from Google News.
Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
alexondria

The first campaign I ran took quite a bit of insparation from "Good Omens" by Neil Gaimon and Terry Pratchet, and "American Gods" by Neil Gaimon. The first being very light hearted and the second being fairly dark. It maid an interesting game. Their was quite a bit inspired by the tone of the Illumintati Trilagy by Robert Anton Wilson. The game had a lot to do with the Marches and I borrowed heavily from just about everything that I was reading or watching on tv or in movies for that. It got to the point where my players started looking for what I was reading so that they would know what to be ready for.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Well... GURPS IOU count? *shiftyeyes*
Old 05-19-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
chuckthedog

I was thinking along the lines of Non-RPG books, but GURPS IOU might work.
chuckthedog is offline   Reply With Quote