Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #21
scc

Default Re: Pyramid #3/101: Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I never got the email notice and link but did find it in my downloads under comp. Another thread someone said use 3/101 in the search box if you have a lot of files.
I see it now, between DF 5 and 6 on my list of products.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:49 PM   #22
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
I quite deliberately aimed for around 200 points on the Animate template because I thought it would be a good Inhuman template for Monster Hunters, yes. :)
For what it's worth, one of the things I thought halfway through the article was, "I could actually see this as a Benny-the-Fox-style enemy in Monster Hunters, or even as a PC in a suitably weird setting" -- so I was glad to see you suggest as much later in the article.

I also think that, with a bit of tweaking to up the danger level, that House of 1,000 Sock Monkeys would make a great MH adventure -- by which I mean I'm absolutely going to steal it the next time I do one of our MH one-shots. By leaving the Puzzle Pals in as apparent comic relief, and making Terry possessed by a powerful ghost or demon, I think I can keep the PCs guessing on where the real threats are coming from for a while. :)

(But I am not going to combine the two ideas -- that might be too much wackiness at once.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:01 PM   #23
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
(But I am not going to combine the two ideas -- that might be too much wackiness at once.)
Oh, I don't know. The idea of a team of hunters who are all Inhumans with the Animate template, all designed on some archetype from the old Hanna-Barbera shows, having wacky adventures and deeply confusing the "normal" humans they run across in their travels... Well, it has an appeal, you know?
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #24
J. Edward Tremlett

Quote:

I also think that, with a bit of tweaking to up the danger level, that House of 1,000 Sock Monkeys would make a great MH adventure -- by which I mean I'm absolutely going to steal it the next time I do one of our MH one-shots. By leaving the Puzzle Pals in as apparent comic relief, and making Terry possessed by a powerful ghost or demon, I think I can keep the PCs guessing on where the real threats are coming from for a while. :)
That sounds awesome.
It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God (Heb. 10:31)

"Or the light that never, never warms" (Boc. 6:55)

Read SPYGOD. Behold my Linked In

Buy my (SJ Games) stuff.
J. Edward Tremlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #25
PK

Quote:
Oh, I don't know. The idea of a team of hunters who are all Inhumans with the Animate template, all designed on some archetype from the old Hanna-Barbera shows, having wacky adventures and deeply confusing the "normal" humans they run across in their travels... Well, it has an appeal, you know?
Absolutely it does, but the players all already have characters. We rotating GMs keep "the Aegis game" (MH champions) in our back pockets for continuity-free one-shots when another game falls through. So the way I'd be using the animate would be as a villain or plot device, and I don't want to do that in the Sock Monkey adventure to avoid over-cartooning things.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #26
Refplace

Quote:
Absolutely it does, but the players all already have characters. We rotating GMs keep "the Aegis game" (MH champions) in our back pockets for continuity-free one-shots when another game falls through. So the way I'd be using the animate would be as a villain or plot device, and I don't want to do that in the Sock Monkey adventure to avoid over-cartooning things.
Ah well someone like Mr. Mxzlyptk or perhaps a very twisted nd powerful mage might convert people temporarily.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #27
Kelly Pedersen

Quote:
Absolutely it does, but the players all already have characters. We rotating GMs keep "the Aegis game" (MH champions) in our back pockets for continuity-free one-shots when another game falls through.
That certainly makes sense, yeah. Not really a situation where you can suddenly give everybody new character sheets (though Refplace's suggestion of "cosmic weirdo turns everybody into animates - go!" has a certain charm too. :) ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
So the way I'd be using the animate would be as a villain or plot device, and I don't want to do that in the Sock Monkey adventure to avoid over-cartooning things.
Well, I wasn't aware of Benny the Fox when I wrote the article, but I definitely think an animate can make a very good villain too. Heck, a good chunk of the inspirational material has animates as the villains as well as some or all of the heroes. Certainly Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a very good example of how scary one can be! One of my brothers couldn't watch Roger Rabbit when he was younger because Judge Doom scared him so much.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #28
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Well, I wasn't aware of Benny the Fox when I wrote the article, but I definitely think an animate can make a very good villain too. Heck, a good chunk of the inspirational material has animates as the villains as well as some or all of the heroes. Certainly Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a very good example of how scary one can be! One of my brothers couldn't watch Roger Rabbit when he was younger because Judge Doom scared him so much.
One of the chevals in my Madness Dossier game is ridden by Wabbit and she can be terrifying.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:05 PM   #29
wellspring

My immediate first thought was the episode of Angel where Angel is transformed into a puppet. "Smile Time", I think? One of my all-time favorite episodes.
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #30
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
My immediate first thought was the episode of Angel where Angel is transformed into a puppet. "Smile Time", I think? One of my all-time favorite episodes.
YAS. That is the best one ever. Puppet vampire dude?! YES, PLEASE.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid 3/101