Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #31
Pseudonym

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy with only one Spellcaster "Class"

In a similar vein to the last few posts I allowed a bard to use the shortcut to power from Magical Styles to get access to Concussion, technically a Sound college spell, but using prerequisites from outside the purview of Bards.

I kept the special prerequisite condition that it required a total of 20 points in spells, but it felt like a nice capstone to have one explicit attack spell after getting a bunch of (admittedly super helpful) support and information spells.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #32
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges View Post
It has worked well so far. The only hiccup was spell prerequisites often included spells from colleges players didn't pick. To remedy this, I allowed people to spend one point per spell to waive outside-collage prerequisites on that spell.
In the event you ever actually learn one of those spells (by multi-classing or whatever) I'd even let you convert that point into a (second) point in the skipped prerequisite spell itself when you actually study it. You've already got most of the principles down.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #33
MIB.6361

Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
At one point in a recent DF game, the (ninja-) scout kept several healing potions glued to the end of blunt arrows, and would shoot them into the barbarian's mouth every time he needed healing in a fight. Yes, they still hurt, but the 2d HP more than made up for it. :)
One of the scouts in my game used boffer-tipped blank spell arrows for that. They were expensive, but with a little planning, he was very helpful.
I don't think they're in standard DF or DFRPG though.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #34
JoelSammallahti

How about wizards get access to healing spells, but they don't get to add their Magery to those spells? You could return the favor for Clerics and Druids and give them access to some subset of wizard-only spells - but they don't get their Power Investiture bonus. It's a compromise between opening up all the spell lists and keeping the niches strictly separated.
JoelSammallahti is offline   Reply With Quote