Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-08-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
Mysteris

Default Potential IN Dark Victory Game

Hi everyone.

I've been working on an alternate take on the Dark Victory setting by Redneck Gaijin. I'm considering making a forum game either here or over on Rpol and was wondering what interest there might be for such a game before I get too far in coming up with setting and plot.

Thanks for the consideration.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Potential IN Dark Victory Game

I'm interested. I'd prefer here rather than RPoL, but it's not a deal-breaker.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #3
Mysteris

For an idea of what I had in mind, I thought I should post something here.

First of all, I owe a lot to Liber Neglecta and Attercap.net for celestials they've written up. For example, I've brought over Attercap's Abatha, Princess of Madness. As well as Juno and the Jupiter Command from Liber Neglecta.

So as far as major changes from canon DV, here's the gist of it:

Saminga died in Armageddon, killed by the two long-lost Grigori Archangels (Song and Death) ganging up on him. The top spot in Hell after Lucifer's Redemption is held by Kronos, who is actively staffing Hell to try to finish off New Heaven.

Nybbas died in the apocalypse as well. Andrealphus defected to New Heaven, and when Lilith defected, she used her geases to bring over Furfur as well.

Staciel got a promotion to Princess of Order and Asmodeus's old job. Magog (who survived and thrives in the new cruel post-apocalyptic world) is Commander of Hell's military.

Abatha's in charge of the Marches now, bumped up to a major Princess. She's got Blandine imprisoned in her Principality of Pandemonium.

Azrael, Grigori Archangel of Death, is part of New Heaven now. Song didn't survive Saminga.

I added two original Superiors: Nain, Bright Lilim Archangel of Communication (meant to counter Nybbas and now with New Heaven) and Tanatalia, Lilim Princess of Corruption (who's taken over Shal-Mari and the jobs of the Princes there: greed and sloth and so forth).

Players would take the role of either angels or demons serving New Heaven (remember: no Shedim), or if there was strong enough interest in it, demons working for Hell as the new order tries to establish itself.

Thoughts?
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #4
thorr-kan

Now *there's* a setting I haven't thought of in awhile.

Keep us updated!
thorr-kan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #5
Attercap

I'm touched I could provide some inspiration. Thank you and I'm looking forward to seeing what you and the other players share! (My timing is pretty terrible at play-by-post, but if you play elsewhere and lurkers are allowed, I'll definitely follow.)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #6
Cooper

Sadly, I no longer play forum games.

I was a nolifer as a player and worse as a GM (if you are an L5R player, I was *that* Cooper). But if you're interested, I'm certainly open to having my brain picked about forum gaming or any of the bits and pieces you're taking from Liber Neglecta.

And I, too, am looking forward to what you and your players come up with.

===

Also, if you're looking for a host, you might want to see if the folks at http://www.fallenash.com/game-hosting/ are still giving free web space to folks running online RPGs.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
thorr-kan

Oh, and since the email list digests are offline (sob), here's a handy link to most of the Dark Victory materials. I don't remember anything missing...

http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/art...s/DarkVictory/
thorr-kan is online now   Reply With Quote