Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
Goldgardian

Default TL 10+ Mage. Draw power + Maintain spell + Telecast

So, me and some buddies are going to be playing a space opera game where "ArcanaTech" is what enables FTL travel and stuff, it's mostly just fluff, other than making energy generators, starship engines, and Stardrives register as magic.
We're using various source materials, Namely Ultratech, Starships, Magic, Thaumaturgy: Magic traditions, and some stuff from Transhumanisim.

I'm gonna be playing the role of ship's doctor and mage, using my high IQ to be good at magic as well as surgery and other doctoring skills. A spell combination I thought up that could potentially work wonders is Draw Power + maintain Spell. I wanted to know if I cast it on the ship's main reactor...

A. How much juice can I draw from something that's (For all intents and purposes a TL 10 starship fusion reactor)

B. If I were to cast maintain spell on Draw power, could I run around using the ship's power to cast my spells?

C. would I have to stay close to the reactor for the duration to get the benefits, or could I run down to the planet and do whatever?

D. If I have to stay close to the reactor, could I throw a second maintain spell on Telecast using power from the ship, and move it around? potentially having the away team take the little scrying orb with them when they head out and channel my spells through the orb?
Goldgardian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
draw power, magic