Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
Langy

Default Re: Negative Hit Point effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrewster1 View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of the information. I have a lot more insight now as to how movement can affect combat. In my mock combat, I basically had 2 fighters toe to toe slugging it out, so to speak. But if the unslowed character moves out of range of the injured character, isn't it a Move & Attack at -4 to get back into range without being attacked herself? Otherwise, they are back on even footing again, as long as the injured party keeps making HT rolls.

I will definitely look at the effects in the Martial Arts books, and I'm already considering some house rules around repeated shock. In my combat, the injured party was kicked for at least 3 points of damage every turn for 5 rounds, but missed in the 6th round, so no penalty to his attack after that. I'd think he'd be reeling for more than 1 second after being kicked 5 times in a row.
Why would the uninjured fighter need to move back into range? They should just stay out of range - they've already won the fight, after all. The injured fighter only has a few seconds left before they'll inevitably lose their HT roll (even a high-HT individual will fall unconscious after a minute or two below 0 HP) unless they just sit around and Do Nothing, and any attempt by them to attack *you* is now much more doomed to failure due to the Move and Attack penalties.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote