Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #81
CON_Troll

Default Re: OGRE Loot! Show Us Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
The one on the far left looks like it's one of the Carnivoran war machines from the MAATAC* line of sci-fi minis.

*Multifunctional Armed and Armored Tactical Attack Computer.
I think the first two are from the "Carnivore" race, though I'm not certain of that. Eh, I'm drifting off-topic...
Old 02-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #82
ColBosch

My Grenadier-cast Mk. V arrived today. I've already assembled it, and will post pictures to my Flickr in a couple of hours.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #83
ColBosch

I've got pics of the packaging and parts, but I think this is the most interesting of the pictures: https://flic.kr/p/22Wb54Q

That's all four major sculpts of the Ogre Mk. V, from Forrest Brown's 1978 piece to the latest plastic. I don't have the Martian Metals Mk. Vb or Ral Partha's 1993 release, but once assembled they're extremely similar to the MM and 2000 versions. (And if and when I do acquire them, I'll add them to the family photo.)
Old 02-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #84
ColBosch

...I just realized that I have no idea who is doing the 3D sculpting of the new plastic miniatures. I'd like to know, so I can credit them on my Flickr!
Old 02-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #85
tbeard1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I've got pics of the packaging and parts, but I think this is the most interesting of the pictures: https://flic.kr/p/22Wb54Q

That's all four major sculpts of the Ogre Mk. V, from Forrest Brown's 1978 piece to the latest plastic. I don't have the Martian Metals Mk. Vb or Ral Partha's 1993 release, but once assembled they're extremely similar to the MM and 2000 versions. (And if and when I do acquire them, I'll add them to the family photo.)
I am envious. I don’t (intentionally) collect anything. But I would love to have a complete set of Ogre minis (including non-Ogres) from the Martian Metals days through the Ral Partha days.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #86
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
I am envious. I don’t (intentionally) collect anything. But I would love to have a complete set of Ogre minis (including non-Ogres) from the Martian Metals days through the Ral Partha days.
The nice thing about collecting Ogre stuff is that it's, well, possible. There aren't too many items, and even the real rarities don't go for too much. Plus, I really enjoy collecting entire lines of products. Over the past few years I've amassed near-complete collections for Car Wars, GURPS, BattleTech (except the minis, since that's a hole with no bottom), Renegade Legion, and Munchkin, with a credible start towards Star Fleet Battles that I deliberately decided to abort.

So, this year it's Ogre. I've made a few amazing finds, but still have some ways to go. I doubt I'll find absolutely everything, but by the time I'm ready to focus my energies on whatever next strikes my fancy, I should have a couple of credible armies and some neat items to display.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #87
Tim Kauffman

Quote:

That's awesome to see them side by side. Thanks for sharing. :)
Old 02-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #88
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kauffman View Post
That's awesome to see them side by side. Thanks for sharing. :)
I'm glad you appreciate it! I spent WAY TOO MUCH on those minis, aside from the plastic Mk. V. :D
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #89
Izzy_B

Quote:
The MM Mark V looks like it has GREAT BIG GOOGLY EYES.
https://imgur.com/a/nh1Zw
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #90
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Muahahaaaah! Tweeted!
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ogre 6e, ogre miniatures