Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
DSumner

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

2057 Update

Thunderbolt - Midsize, X-Hvy. Chassis, Large Power Plant, Hvy. Suspension, 4 PR Tires, Driver w/Body Armor & FP Suit, Bumper Triggered BC w/HEAT ammo (F), SD w/Explosive Ammo (B), HMG w/HD Ammo Turret, 3x FCD (1R, 1L, 1B), 1 FOD (U), Hi-Res Computer, Armor: F40, R35, L35, B35, T25, U10. 2-10pt. Wheelhubs (F), 2-10pt. Wheelguards (B), Accel. 5, Top Speed 92.5 MPH, HC 3, 5,758 lbs., $24,780.
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
MIB 1473

What are the stats for HD/HTMs?
MIB 1473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB 1473
What are the stats for HD/HTMs?
Look Here - http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=2211
Old 05-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #14
MIB 1473

Thanks. I'm guessing that because they didn't appear in UACFH they wouldn't have been allowed in any of the duels I'm involved with, but if they had been....

(That is, they seem a tad overly effective for the price, especially when combined with cycle power plants.)

Last edited by MIB 1473; 05-24-2007 at 02:20 PM.
MIB 1473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #15
DSumner

Lightning: Luxury; Extra Heavy chassis; Heavy suspension; Sport PP w/SCs; 4 Solid tires. Driver w/Body Armor, 3 linked, bumper triggered, laser guided RL w/AP (F); IRTL (F), 2 corner Spike Droppers w/Explosive Spikes (1RB, 1LB); 3 Ice Dischargers (1R, 1L, 1B); 2 Flame Cloud Dischargers (1T, 1U); Link (SDs & Ice Dischargers), No-Paint Windshield; Safety Seat; HRSWC, Ramplate 182 pts. of Sloped LR (F: 50 R: 38 L: 38 B: 40 T: 3 U: 13); 2 -5 pt. LR Hubs (F); 2x5 pt. LR Guards (B). Cost: $39,065, Wgt: 6,600, HC: 3, Top Speed: 120, Accel: 10.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:42 AM   #16
Outla

Alas, a luxury with sloped armor can't mount six spaces of weapons forward. 6 is more than one third of 17.

Also, I notice you have one extra space... why not use it for some component armor? Perhaps around the driver instead of a safety seat.
Outla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 AM   #17
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outla
Alas, a luxury with sloped armor can't mount six spaces of weapons forward. 6 is more than one third of 17.

Also, I notice you have one extra space... why not use it for some component armor? Perhaps around the driver instead of a safety seat.
I always thought the 1/3 total counted against the original 19 spaces. I could be wrong though. Do you remember where the sloped rule is quoted? If I have to drop a RL, I'll probably go with 5 MML and use an some CA around the Diver. Other than that, what do you think of the design?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #18
Outla

The best source for the spaces-per-side ruling now is the CWRQ or ODQ. But I believe the original answer was in ADQ&A in ADQ8-1.

As for the design, I like the style. I would add HDHTMs and more links to the dischargers so you can fire a discharger at the same time as your weapon (if you wish).

Laser-guided MMLs are really expensive; a better solution might be to unslope it and put component armor around each spikedropper. Unsloped armor is more likely to get hit, but the extra component armor makes up for it. There's another gotcha though: component armor is no longer allowed on corner mounts, so you'd have to move them to the sides.
Outla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:07 AM   #19
DSumner

Quote:
The best source for the spaces-per-side ruling now is the CWRQ or ODQ. But I believe the original answer was in ADQ&A in ADQ8-1.
Thanks for the reply, it saves me the trouble of digging around.

Quote:
As for the design, I like the style. I would add HDHTMs and more links to the dischargers so you can fire a discharger at the same time as your weapon (if you wish).
I may do a version with HDHTMs as an option (depends on how much time I'm on hold today as I'm trying to have all my utilities turned off next week). As far as links, That's just my persoanl preference, you can tack on any you feel like adding.

Quote:
Laser-guided MMLs are really expensive; a better solution might be to unslope it and put component armor around each spikedropper. Unsloped armor is more likely to get hit, but the extra component armor makes up for it. There's another gotcha though: component armor is no longer allowed on corner mounts, so you'd have to move them to the sides.
I may just scale it back t a pair of linked RLs (F), tack on some additional armor, and through some CA around the Driver, and add a spoiler to the design. As for the SDs, I prefer the corner mounts so no CA on them.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #20
Parody

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
I always thought the 1/3 total counted against the original 19 spaces. I could be wrong though. Do you remember where the sloped rule is quoted?
In the CWRQ it's the first question under Vehicle Construction (General).