Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 08-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
DSumner

Default The Unofficial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Okay, I got bored and decided to play around with some old vehicle designs. Once I got started, I figured why not post them here.

Crane Industries War Horse
War Horse: Mid-Size, X-Hvy. Chassis, Large PP, Hvy. Suspension, 4 PR tires, Driver, Bumper Triggered ATG (F) w/HEAT ammo, Extra Magazine (HEAT Ammo), Bumper Triggered MG w/HD Ammo (B), linked to SD w/Exp. Ammo (B), No Paint Windshield, Hi-Res Computer, 2 FC dischargers: 1 (U), 1 (B), FP Plastic Armor: F40, R30, L30, B 30, T2, U3. Two 10-point FP Wheelguards (B), Two 10-pt. FP Wheel Hubs (F). Acceleration 5, Top Speed 97.5 MPH, HC 3, 5,755lbs, $22,584.

New for 2056
Apex Motors proudly presents the first in its new line of luxury recreational vehicles, the Ramrod. Tired of the same old thing in luxury vehicles? Does your current off road vehicle lack the accessories or features you desire? Then head down to the nearest Apex authorized dealer, for a test drive of the new Ramrod. The Ramrod combines the best in modern safety features with proven electronic systems, and weapons technology, for the ultimate off-road driving experience.

An active suspension combines with HD Shocks for a ride so smooth you would swear you're floating on air. A varied weapons array, combined with a first class electronics suite, provide both accurate and devastating firepower. It's 203 points of LRFP Armor, and 10 points of FP component armor provide you with all the protection you'll need to survive. And lastly, a Pro-Guard ® anti-theft system, with its AP flechette grenades, keeps those pesky hoodlums away.

Ramrod: Camper, CA Frame, X-Hvy. Chassis, Super PP, HDHTM, OR Suspension, 6 OR Solid Tires, Driver, LMG w/HD Ammo (F), turreted GG w/ extra magazine, Bumper triggered MML w/Incendiary ammo (B), FCE (B), Active Suspension, HD Shocks, HD ABS, Tinted No Paint Windshield, Long Distance Radio, Hi-Res Computer, IR Sighting System, Radar, Radar Detector, 10pts FP CA (Driver), Link (MML/FCE), Anti-theft System, 5 Flechette dischargers: 1 (F), 1 (R), 1(L), 1 (B), 1 (T), LRFP Armor: F 40, R 38, L 38, B 338, T 39, U 10. 4-10 point LRFP wheel guards, 4-10pt FP plastic wheel hubs. Acceleration 5, Top Speed 97.5 MPH, HC 3, 7,792.2bs, $106, 675

Last edited by DSumner; 11-19-2009 at 10:05 AM.
DSumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
DSumner

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Gents, don't be shy, feel free to post your own creations here too. I'm really not to worried about what dueling class they fall into as long as they're legal and fun to play around with. I may even get half way motivated and throw in a few dummy adds to go along with the various vehicle designs.

Last edited by DSumner; 11-19-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
Parody

Default Re: The Unofficial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Here's the car I took into our race last week. (I finished second.)

ESG Labs PureRacer IIb by Michael Miller: Sprint; Heavy chassis; Racing suspension; Sport PP w/PCs, SCs, HDHTMs, OD; 4 Solid Slick tires. Driver w/BA+FJ, FP Suit. IFE; No-Paint WS; Link (HDHTMs+OD); HD Shocks, HD Brakes, ABS; Spoiler; Airdam. 132 pts. Sloped LRFP (F: 31 R: 31 L: 31 B: 31 T: 4 U: 4). Cost: $39,445, Wgt: 3,445, HC: 7 (8), Top Speed: 180 (120, 200), Accel: 15 (30, 10).

Since you don't need Slicks to hit HC 9, here's a tweaked version with a weapon and a smidge more armor:

ESG Labs PlinkRacer IIc by Michael Miller: Sprint; Heavy chassis; Racing suspension; Sport PP w/PCs, SCs, HDHTMs, OD; 4 Solid Radial tires. Driver w/BA+FJ, PFE, FP Suit. 1s Sponson R. Light Laser (R Sponson). SWC; 2xLink (HDHTMs+OD, Laser+HDHTMs+OD); HD Shocks, HD Brakes, ABS; Spoiler; Airdam. 135 pts. Sloped LRFP (F: 30 R: 37 L: 30 B: 30 T: 4 U: 4). Cost: $39,519, Wgt: 3,323, HC: 6 (7), Top Speed: 182.5 (120, 202.5), Accel: 15 (30, 10).

Last edited by Parody; 08-24-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
TechOgre
MIB

The BLUD Bowl 2056 Div. 15 winner:

Metalhead: Compact; Extra Heavy chassis; Heavy suspension; Medium PP w/PCs, SCs, HTMs; 4 PR Steelbelted tires. Driver. Sonic Cannon, Standard (F); 3xHot Smoke Discharger (L, R, T), Hot Smoke; Flaming Oil Discharger (B), Flaming Oil. Hi-Res Single Weapon Computer. 39 pts. Sloped Metal (F: 10 R: 8 L: 8 B: 8 T: 2 U: 3). Cost: $14,990, Wgt: 4,440, HC: 3, Top Speed: 95 (70), Accel: 5 (10).

(One of) The BLUD Bowl 2056 Div. 5 loser:

"Firelance 5 by Daniel Gallant: Subcompact; Standard chassis; Light suspension; Small PP; 4 Hvy Duty tires. Driver. Heavy Machine Gun w/20xIncendiary (F); Fake Discharger (B), Fake. Single-Weapon Computer. 24 pts. Sloped Plastic (F: 7 R: 5 L: 5 B: 5 T: 0 U: 2). Cost: $4,996, Wgt: 2,285, HC: 2, Top Speed: 92.5, Accel: 5.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 AM   #5
Racer

When I get a bit more time on the computer I'll post a few of my designs .

A couple of questions : It maybe a good idea to say if a vehicle is for Road or Arena use , and is constuctive critisism allowed ? I know some get upset if others start 'having a go' at their designs !

Last edited by Racer; 09-03-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer
When I get a bit more time on the computer I'll post a few of my designs .

A couple of questions : It maybe a good idea to say if a vehicle is for Road or Areana use , and is constuctive critisism allowed ? I know some get upset if others start 'having a go' at their designs !

Good idea on the road/area suggestion, and feel free to make any suggestions you want. I'm a big boy and promise not to cry (or aleast not in front of anyone). Seriousl, I don't mind at all. I'm far from design genious, and if you've got a better idea, I for one would like to see it.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Good idea on the road/arena suggestion, and feel free to make any suggestions you want. I'm a big boy and promise not to cry (or aleast not in front of anyone). Seriousl, I don't mind at all. I'm far from design genious, and if you've got a better idea, I for one would like to see it.
Thanks ! It was just a minor couple of things on your War Horse - add a link from the MG to the ExSD ; this gives you an extra option to use against those tailgaters ! And swap the rear wheel hubs for wheelguards ; same cost and weight , and gives protection from all round rather then just from the side .

Heres one of my designs ; A tough and hard to hit light road trike .

Hard Target: Light Trike , X-hvy Chassis , Hvy Suspension , Medium Cycle PP w/PCs , 3 PR Tires , Cyclist , HMG L ( or Right on British roads ! ), SWC , Sloped Plastic Armour : F35 , L30 , R30 , B30 , T15 , U10 , 1-7pt Cycle Wheelguard front , 2-5pt Wheelguards back , 10pts Standard Component Armour around each of Cyclist , Powerplant and HMG . Accel. 5mph . Top Speed 90mph . HC 2 . Weight 1,859lbs . Cost : $7,985 .

This design has a lot of staying power ; the sloped heavyish armour ( -4 to hit from the front or back ! ) lets it hang in taking pot-shots . I'm useing 300lbs as the HMGs weight .

Last edited by Racer; 09-03-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
DSumner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer
Thanks ! It was just a minor couple of things on your War Horse - add a link from the MG to the ExSD ; this gives you an extra option to use against those tailgaters ! And swap the rear wheel hubs for wheelguards ; same cost and weight , and gives protection from all round rather then just from the side .
Good ideas, I'll make the changes.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Good ideas, I'll make the changes.
Glad to be of service !

Here's one of my nasty Division 10 arena Compacts :

SMASHER '56 : Compact , X-hvy Chassis , Imp. suspension , Medium power plant w/PCs , 4 SBHD tires , Driver , ATG w/APFSDS ammo front , SWC , Sloped Plastic Armour : F50 , R40 , L40 , B40 , T13 , U10 , 2-5pt Wheelguards back . 2-5pt hubs front . Accel 5mph , Top speed 90mph , HC 2 , 4,378lbs. , $9,460

This design has gone through a number of changes since 1989/2039 - I've removed the metal armour as the composite wasn't tough enough to stop a ATG APFSDS shot ! Instead I swapped for cheaper tires and downgraded the suspension to give me those extra spare dollars . Again another tough to hit target ; -3 to hit from front and back , and -2 to hit from sides .
With my arena cars , I try to leave $400 and 30lbs weight to spare , so I can take a set of Body Armour and a Portable fire extinguisher - this has saved my butt many times !

( MUST remember that tyres and armour are spelled tires and armor in the US ! )