Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #111
Joe

Default Re: The Collaborative Gamer: GURPS Content Posts

My new group meets for its second session this afternoon. Here are two things I've cooked up for them:

A guide to help them through the icy mountains.

An ancient clay tablet, inscribed with an awful curse
Old 01-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #112
Joe

And since quite a few kind people have asked "When are you posting a proper report on your new group's first session?", I bring you:

Dungeon Fantasy Session 1: Whispers in the Dark

We've already played session two, so stay tuned for the next episode, coming soonish (I hope)!
Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #113
Ra's Head

Joe, I love your site. I think the idea of your GM less system is brilliant. In fact, I have just started using it for a solo campaign of my own. Only one complete adventure, but I am in the dungeon of the second one. I was thinking about writing about my experiences a little bit, and I thought you might be interested to see how someone else uses your system. Then I thought it might be of some limited interest to general people.

I was planning on making a thread in these forums describing my adventures and my use of your tables, but I thought maybe I should ask what you thought first. I am obviously new to posting in this forum, but I used to read here often and I promise not to be terrible. So as long as you say it is cool, I will probably go ahead with it.
Ra's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 AM   #114
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra's Head View Post
Then I thought it might be of some limited interest to general people.
Don't be so modest. People come on the forums requesting play experience reports all the time, I'm sure you'll get interest.

I've also noodled a little with doing solo gaming based on Joe's work, and it was interesting. I was very solo (not me-and-a-GM) so it plays out a bit like a dice-guided creative writing experiment.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #115
Joe

Quote:
Joe, I love your site. I think the idea of your GM less system is brilliant. In fact, I have just started using it for a solo campaign of my own.
Thanks very warmly indeed! This is music to my ears.
Quote:
I was thinking about writing about my experiences a little bit, and I thought you might be interested to see how someone else uses your system...
I was planning on making a thread in these forums describing my adventures and my use of your tables, but I thought maybe I should ask what you thought first. I am obviously new to posting in this forum, but I used to read here often and I promise not to be terrible. So as long as you say it is cool, I will probably go ahead with it.
I'd be very interested to read that. Might I recommend a blog as a possibility, if you don't want to fill up the GURPS forums with another thread? I have next to no experience with web stuff, but I found it super-easy to set up my blog - it took about five minutes, and is totally free. So that's an option, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Don't be so modest. People come on the forums requesting play experience reports all the time, I'm sure you'll get interest.
Ditto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I've also noodled a little with doing solo gaming based on Joe's work, and it was interesting. I was very solo (not me-and-a-GM) so it plays out a bit like a dice-guided creative writing experiment.
That's very interesting to hear, Bruno - I do hope it went well for you. You should start a blog, too, so as to tell me all about it :)

For the record, I tend to feel the same way: my own solo campaigns (including The Adventures of Temian Fell) feel a lot like "dice-guided creative writing experiments," just as you say.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #116
Ra's Head

Thanks guys, I will look into a blog thing and see how it goes.
Ra's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:09 PM   #117
Joe

Awesome! Always great to see another GURPS blog being considered...

If you do end up going the blog route, then make sure you remember to sign up for the GURPS Day updates that Douglas Cole has been kind enough to run for the common good.

Just in case you're not already aware of them (sorry if you are!) the latest GURPS Day blog round-up is here, and the sign-up instructions are here.

Thanks again for your kind comments! They really are much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #118
Joe

It's been a loooong time since I updated this thread, though I've been posting GURPS-related stuff for much of it...

Anyway, I just posted some quick shout-outs to the Dungeon Fantasy RPG Reprint /Monsters 2 Kickstarter, and The Citadel at Nordvorn Kickstarter. Now, of course most people on this forum will have heard about both kickstarters already (and hopefully backed them, if possible!) but I thought it couldn't hurt to update this thread, too.

Go and back the kickstarters, if you possibly can!

Tags
blog, blogs