Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 12-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
AurochJake

Default Update 1.5.12.0

Update 1.5.12.0 now live on the main branch

Features
  • Added 'Scroll to Zoom' as a toggle in Options
  • Warning popup added when ignoring reinforcements on the last turn they're available.
Bug fixes
  • Mobile Howitzer can now move when deployed in rubble/city
  • Fixed exploit where a unit could enter more Overruns than their movement points allowed
  • Error finding victory condition fix
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
selenite

Default Re: Update 1.5.12.0

The AI is clearly being tweaked as version come out. But us players will never be satisfied.

It's good that the Ogres now have the sense to not banzai charge the guns as they try to Kill the CP. But when I can position my forces to intimidate a Mk V into retreating all the way to the entry corner it just feels . . . un-Ogrelike.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Thank you! Hope everyone at Auroch had a good Xmas and is starting off the new year happily.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

It's easy to forget there was a time when updates didn't happen, or were much harder to get. My 1986 Apple II version plays the same way today that it did straight out of the box.

Looking forward to future updates. :-)
Old 01-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
dwalend

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenite View Post
But when I can position my forces to intimidate a Mk V into retreating all the way to the entry corner it just feels . . . un-Ogrelike.
That's not a bad tactic; it minimizes the hexes that your tanks and GEVs can fire from.

No person would ever do that. Hard to get more Ogrelike than that.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

so... 1.5.12.0 came out a month ago.

There's still a lot that needs to be fixed; is there a timeline for the next update? What's the focus going to be?
Old 01-17-2018, 04:25 AM   #7
AurochJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
so... 1.5.12.0 came out a month ago.

There's still a lot that needs to be fixed; is there a timeline for the next update? What's the focus going to be?
The next round of updates will be within the next few weeks. Apologies for lack of anything more concrete than that but we tend not to give exact timings on this sort of thing, as there are lots of factors to consider.

There's a bunch of stuff we want to add or fix, such as outstanding multiplayer issues, Scenario Creator etc. and the remaining few minor rule discrepancies in this next update.

Out of interest, what would you prioritise as the thing(s) you'd most like to see fixed/added? We can't guarantee everything will be possible but it would be great to get an idea of what people feel would most benefit and improve the game from its current state.

This goes out to everyone by the way, not just GP specifically :)

Thanks!
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
The next round of updates will be within the next few weeks. Apologies for lack of anything more concrete than that but we tend not to give exact timings on this sort of thing, as there are lots of factors to consider.
Yeah, I understand that; just getting the dialog rolling again

Quote:
Out of interest, what would you prioritise as the thing(s) you'd most like to see fixed/added? We can't guarantee everything will be possible but it would be great to get an idea of what people feel would most benefit and improve the game from its current state.
For me:
  1. Rules (aka, bugs)
  2. Interface Bugs (things that are broken; scenario editor, multiplayer, saves, etc)
  3. Enhancements (More scenarios, missing units, etc)
  4. Cosmetic Stuff (ohhhh... shiny)

Getting the game right will always be my first ask. I can work through a clunky UI; but if the rules aren't right, or the UI is actually broken, the game is a fail.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #9
GuyMacon

Quote:
TOut of interest, what would you prioritise as the thing(s) you'd most like to see fixed/added?
High priority: I would like you to address the issues I brought up at http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=153776 ("A solution to the elusive broken howitzer issue").

Low priority: The Ogres are still occasionally doing their face forward, face to the rear, repeat 20 or 30 times" dance.
GuyMacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:01 AM   #10
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

A list in order of priority:
  1. Bugs. I have gotten the units resetting to earlier positions bug a couple times, recently (submitted).
  2. Some kind of offline asynchronous multiplayer invite system. There are so few people playing that even on Fridays the game can sit for hours without any games. If you could accept games automatically while offline, then I suspect we wouldn't be missing each other as much.
  3. Terrain destruction. This is a pretty major rule that matters in a lot of scenarios, that is still missing.
  4. The AI is still kind of stupid. Also there probably should be AI difficulty levels.
  5. Cruise missiles and lasers.
  6. The rest of the scenarios from ODE.
  7. Missing units from ODE.
  8. Ninja.
  9. Vulcan, HWTs, Rangers, and the rest of the units that have official stats.
  10. Barbarians at The Gate factions units and scenarios.
  11. Another campaign or something else to do other than sit around watching the looking for match timer for hours. :)
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote