Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-24-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
sten

Default shakespeare: curse he that moves my bones + deliver your soliloquy

Let's say a combat is over and the level 8 munchkin won. Another munchkin play the card "curse he that moves my bones" which say "play after a combat is won" and forces the winner to choose between getting the level or treasures. In this case can the winning munchkin still play the card "deliver your soliloquy", choose the levels and go up another level for the win? The "deliver your soliloquy" says "play immediately after monster is killed" the question is because the other munchkin played the curse bones card is it still allowed to play the soliloquy? Is it still considered "immediately after killing a monster" ?

Last edited by sten; 11-24-2017 at 02:30 PM.
sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
Valkyrie

Default Re: shakespeare: curse he that moves my bones + deliver your soliloquy

I believe you couldn’t play the ‘deliver your soliloquy’ card because you have to defeat a monster, and that isn’t playing a monster. But if he was level seven or below he could play the ‘deliver your soliloquy’ card.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #3
sten

I'd like to clarify the sequence of events:
  1. lvl 8 munchkin enters a combat against a monster that provides 1 level on winning
  2. The munchkin wins, thereby going up to lvl 9
  3. Everyone agrees the combat is over
  4. Another player plays "curse he that moves my bones" forcing the munchkin to choose between level and loot
  5. The munchkin wants to play "deliver your soliloquy", choose the level, and since he just killed a monster, get the winning level too

Can the card be played after combat is over (a combat in which a monster was killed)?
sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sten View Post
I'd like to clarify the sequence of events:
  1. lvl 8 munchkin enters a combat against a monster that provides 1 level on winning
  2. The munchkin wins, thereby going up to lvl 9
  3. Everyone agrees the combat is over
  4. Another player plays "curse he that moves my bones" forcing the munchkin to choose between level and loot
  5. The munchkin wants to play "deliver your soliloquy", choose the level, and since he just killed a monster, get the winning level too

Can the card be played after combat is over (a combat in which a monster was killed)?
I have no problem with the sequence as given. Two cards that both say "immediately after combat," if played in quick succession, should both be able to take effect, in order of their hitting the table.

If the second card was clearly being played in response to the first one, my ruling would be different, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote