Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
whassumattuh

Default CURSE! Bag of Holding

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=67821 says: ". . . I played a curse of "Curse! Bag of Holding" that causes me to have one fewer hand. That means I can't carry the 2-handed item. . ."

The wording on Curse! Bag of Holding says that you have one fewer Hand. To me, this means that you can not use/equip two one-handed items or one two-handed item (unless of course you have an extra hand from some other ability). But it does not specify that you can not CARRY a two-handed item. Logically, it makes sense that you couldn't carry a two-handed item, but there is much in the game that goes against logic, so I'd just like to make sure. Can you carry a two-handed item while you have Curse! Bag of Holding played on you? Thanks!
whassumattuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: CURSE! Bag of Holding

Yes, you can. Assume that if you're carrying an Item, but not using it, that it is somehow, logically, strapped to your body (e.g., a sword could be in a sheath), not that you are actually using your hands to carry the Item.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
whassumattuh

Ahh, very cool. Thanks MunchkinMan! I was going to compare the Bag of Holding curse to the Tiny Hands curse, but I'm pretty sure that Tiny Hands specifically says that you cannot CARRY two-handed items. Thanks again.
whassumattuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
Xylon Lionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by whassumattuh View Post
Ahh, very cool. Thanks MunchkinMan! I was going to compare the Bag of Holding curse to the Tiny Hands curse, but I'm pretty sure that Tiny Hands specifically says that you cannot CARRY two-handed items. Thanks again.
For clarification, does that mean that a person with Tiny Hands must discard all 2-Handed items in front of them they have rather than just turn them sideways?
Xylon Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
MIB 9966

MunchkinMan has ruled that you must discard 2 Handed Items if Tiny Hands affects you.

http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=10

Quote:
You are not allowed to carry (i.e., have in play) Items that require 2 Hands. So, you can carry 20 Hand Items, and use two, but you cannot carry any 2 Hands Items.
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag of holding, one hand, one handed, two hand, two handed