Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-01-2017, 04:47 AM   #1971
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
By the way, to be clear, Sunae was not calling for the previous DJ to return. DJ Tiesto is a world famous DJ who has his own songs and mixes. She is calling for Cameron to play one of his songs. She doesn't k now why he would request a song but she does not trust him and does not want his song to play.

I know it's a bit late but I was hoping I would be able to pull that off.
Not being that familiar with the genre, I didn't catch that. Chumley might have, but I don't know.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #1972
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Gaaah. I was working like crazy this last week to get ready for 1) a vacation and 2) a house closing, so I've been away more than I expected. I'll jump back on this weekend.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #1973
ladyarcana55

Quote:
... If not the pocket then in the waistband of under the collar and in the shirt. She will have to give a kiss or two, maybe even do a short make out session to allay suspicion, but so be it. It is Hot Import Nights so anything goes.
And of course the thought that Ryuki may get a bit jealous doesn't even occur to her...
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:56 AM   #1974
tHEhERETIC

My background page is shockingly free of popups--either that or my popup killer is really on the ball. I'd basically given up on it. Maybe I'll fix it up.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/author.html

That said, I don't remember how I calculated Corp HPs. Seriously. Never been a crunchy GM and that is biting me in the hindquarters right now. I thought I used the alternate rules (GM guide pg 120) but that's just not adding up. What I can tell you are the last stats I wrote down in any coherent place, for the battle at the suburban home. For that I have the following Corp hits:

Corat: 30. One tough SOB
Kane: 24. Corat would giggle if he knew.
Ryuki a measly 15. Small, lean, and emphatically mortal.
Sunae 21
Glen 6, poor guy
Nisroc 24. Tougher than he looks, but he's major canon.
Ruby...somewhere between Ryuki and Sunae. Her focus is elsewhere. She's insisting to me that she's a lady and I shouldn't give her numbers away.
Ash 30. Cherubim are tough
Zahirah 30. Puts her dark sister to shame. No idea how that number is so high, though, as I don't recall her being that strong. Still, an earlier draft of her character puts her at 28.
Mitch 30. Par for most angels it seems.
Ajosshi the Gamester 40. Tough mudder.
Generic demon minions at 12 apiece. I didn't want to overwhelm you.

I don't quite have the focus at the moment to do the math, but if I bring the folder to work tomorrow I have a chance. With exams coming up my co-teachers are likely to hoard the students to themselves for cram sessions.

ladyarcana was a dear to send me an updated character sheet. I should...how much are XP worth again?
Old 09-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #1975
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
My background page is shockingly free of popups--either that or my popup killer is really on the ball. I'd basically given up on it. Maybe I'll fix it up.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/author.html

That said, I don't remember how I calculated Corp HPs. Seriously. Never been a crunchy GM and that is biting me in the hindquarters right now. I thought I used the alternate rules (GM guide pg 120) but that's just not adding up. What I can tell you are the last stats I wrote down in any coherent place, for the battle at the suburban home. For that I have the following Corp hits:

Corat: 30. One tough SOB
Kane: 24. Corat would giggle if he knew.
Ryuki a measly 15. Small, lean, and emphatically mortal.
Sunae 21
Glen 6, poor guy
Nisroc 24. Tougher than he looks, but he's major canon.
Ruby...somewhere between Ryuki and Sunae. Her focus is elsewhere. She's insisting to me that she's a lady and I shouldn't give her numbers away.
Ash 30. Cherubim are tough
Zahirah 30. Puts her dark sister to shame. No idea how that number is so high, though, as I don't recall her being that strong. Still, an earlier draft of her character puts her at 28.
Mitch 30. Par for most angels it seems.
Ajosshi the Gamester 40. Tough mudder.
Generic demon minions at 12 apiece. I didn't want to overwhelm you.

I don't quite have the focus at the moment to do the math, but if I bring the folder to work tomorrow I have a chance. With exams coming up my co-teachers are likely to hoard the students to themselves for cram sessions.

ladyarcana was a dear to send me an updated character sheet. I should...how much are XP worth again?
It looks like my math has been inconsistent, short-shrifting Kane and Glen on the Corp hits. I'm trying to figure out what I did initially, but my later math was Corp Forces x Strength and that just yields numbers that are too low in most cases. It's clear that I've used a system for Corp hits that varies from Eth and Cel hits, but I'm still sorting out how I did that. Good thing e23 works from work.

Is anyone mathematically inclined? Anyone care to reverse-engineer a system I used a decade ago?

--edit-- from an official QnA page
Quote:
It seems that even an "average" human can take a lot of hits.

The rules for calculating a mortal's hits has been changed. The new formula is: (Corporeal Forces + Toughness) times Strength. Toughness is a new attribute (only purchaseable by mortals) that costs four points per level, up to two levels; see the Corporeal Player's Guide. The second printing of the core rules also mentions Toughness, but not its cost; now you know.

Because a human no longer has a 'level' for determining when they die (In Nomine, p. 62), treat their level as one for that formula (i.e., a human dies when they take enough Body Hits to bring them to negative Strength). Toughness adds to this 'death point' so a human with 5 Strength and 2 Toughness needs to lose all their Body Hits, plus 7 more in order to die. Undead and Saints are less "crunchy" and expire after -(Corporeal Forces + Toughness) times Strength.
Last checked 8/14/07
Students are coming so I can't check Toughness on Ryuki right about now.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #1976
tHEhERETIC

Is anybody awake? This is my first draft of the system but it's blocked at work. Can you copy-paste what I wrote there? If you see this in the next four hours? http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/Sickboys.html
Old 09-19-2017, 11:32 PM   #1977
Dalillama

emon character sheet in MS Word

1. Choose the appropriate character sheet, Angel or Demon. If your guy's just a human, choose according to which side s/he'll be on.
2. Choose as nearly as you can which Choir/Band your character will be from, and which Superior he or she will serve.
3. Fill in the number of Essence, 9 for an Angel or Demon, 6 for a Soldier or other supernatural human, 5 for a mundane human.
4. Divide the Essence among the three columns of Corporeal, Ethereal, and Celestial. Fill in the rim of the circle with the appropriate number of sections.
5. Multiply the number of Essence by 4. Make a note of the result.
6. Use that result to divide among the stats Strength/Agility, Intelligence/Precision, and Will/Perception. In other words, if you put 2 Essence under Corporeal, you have 8 points to spend between Strength and Agility. See table for what ability amount corresponds to how great the ability is.
7. Use the same result to determine how many beginning points you have to spend on Resources. See point cost table, below.
8. (In this chronicle) After each Skill, add the skill level to the appropriate ability. In other words, if you have the skill Climbing at 2 levels, Agility at 5, and Strength at 3, add 2 + 5 and record 2/7 on your character sheet, since Climbing is an Agility-based skill. When your character needs to climb something, he will add 7 to his die roll. Similarly with Songs, add the Song level to the amount of Essence in the relevant column and record song level/level plus Essence.
9. Calculate Hit points.
• Calculate Body Hit points by adding vessel level to Corporeal Forces, and multiplying the result by Strength. Non-celestials multiply Corporeal Forces times two and multiply by Strength. Celestials who will interact with the corporeal realm (in this chronicle, all of them) must purchase a vessel, but may purchase more than one.
• Calculate Ethereal Hit points by multiplying your Ethereal Forces times your Intelligence
• Calculate Celestial Hit points by multiplying your Celestial Forces times your Will.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #1978
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
emon character sheet in MS Word

1. Choose the appropriate character sheet, Angel or Demon. If your guy's just a human, choose according to which side s/he'll be on.
2. Choose as nearly as you can which Choir/Band your character will be from, and which Superior he or she will serve.
3. Fill in the number of Essence, 9 for an Angel or Demon, 6 for a Soldier or other supernatural human, 5 for a mundane human.
4. Divide the Essence among the three columns of Corporeal, Ethereal, and Celestial. Fill in the rim of the circle with the appropriate number of sections.
5. Multiply the number of Essence by 4. Make a note of the result.
6. Use that result to divide among the stats Strength/Agility, Intelligence/Precision, and Will/Perception. In other words, if you put 2 Essence under Corporeal, you have 8 points to spend between Strength and Agility. See table for what ability amount corresponds to how great the ability is.
7. Use the same result to determine how many beginning points you have to spend on Resources. See point cost table, below.
8. (In this chronicle) After each Skill, add the skill level to the appropriate ability. In other words, if you have the skill Climbing at 2 levels, Agility at 5, and Strength at 3, add 2 + 5 and record 2/7 on your character sheet, since Climbing is an Agility-based skill. When your character needs to climb something, he will add 7 to his die roll. Similarly with Songs, add the Song level to the amount of Essence in the relevant column and record song level/level plus Essence.
9. Calculate Hit points.
• Calculate Body Hit points by adding vessel level to Corporeal Forces, and multiplying the result by Strength. Non-celestials multiply Corporeal Forces times two and multiply by Strength. Celestials who will interact with the corporeal realm (in this chronicle, all of them) must purchase a vessel, but may purchase more than one.
• Calculate Ethereal Hit points by multiplying your Ethereal Forces times your Intelligence
• Calculate Celestial Hit points by multiplying your Celestial Forces times your Will.
Much thanks. The Corp hits numbers I have are higher than this would yield, so I'll have to back-engineer some more. On the bright side, all HP figures are non-prime numbers, so clearly the last step is right.

Will do the math after I rest a bit after work.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #1979
ladyarcana55

Just to let you know, things are a bit busy here on my end. I won't be able to post until Friday at the very latest. Just as well, I still need to think about what Sunae would do and whether I should let her. LOL
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #1980
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Just to let you know, things are a bit busy here on my end. I won't be able to post until Friday at the very latest. Just as well, I still need to think about what Sunae would do and whether I should let her. LOL
No worries. Couldn't talk myself into the math today--did actual work 'n' stuff.

Tags
in nomine