Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #1951
chumley1013

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

I'm cool with moving on. I have a writing bug up my posterior and am itching to write.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #1952
ladyarcana55

I'm so happy to see you back! I was getting worried for a bit there, LOL
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:25 AM   #1953
chumley1013

Starting college as a 40-yr-old freshman last year took a lot more out of me than I'd planned. There were also some RL stuff, like moving, friends passing and other things that got in the way.

I apologize for my absence. I'm trying to make up for it.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #1954
ladyarcana55

Nothing to apologize for. Life happens. I'm just glad you're back.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #1955
tHEhERETIC

I'm not stalling, I promise. I'm just nervous about my re-LASEK tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:59 PM   #1956
Dalillama

No worries. And best wishes.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #1957
tHEhERETIC

I found my actual paper notebooks which are not as far behind as I remembered. Give my eyes a couple hours' rest and I should be writing again. ��
Old 08-09-2017, 05:43 AM   #1958
tHEhERETIC

Computer glasses for the win.

So where we are, and how we got here:

Right now the party is at a car show, like the one in the opening of Furious 7. Cameron has hijacked the DJ booth and Sunae has hijacked the dance floor and everybody's happy with that. The crowd is jumping, but don't ask "how high?"

Why are we there? Because Von Galen is there. He's the member of the Wild Hunt that got away and could be doing a couple of things, like building a cult to the Wild Hunt or to himself or to the gods in general, could be looking for demons to provoke into attacking angels to heat up the War, or could just be out to have a good time. He's definitely doing that, because even before you got here you could hear a crowd loudly having a good time. Now that crowd is rolling in to your crowd like a slow-motion tsunami, merging with them, and it's not clear that he has any more control over them than you do, or even than he's among them...except that the crowd headed your way when Glen called him.

On the way there, though, you got yanked into the dreamworld for a little chat. It seems the gods--with the Baron as their spokesperson, though a creature in the guise of The Matrix' Oracle is clearly a big player here--the gods are starving for lack of Essence, their banishment from the ground preventing them from directly seeking fans to replenish it, and they're threatening to play angels and demons off each other, to Armageddon if need be, in order to get their restrictions loosened. If that's really them and not just them taking credit, they've already shown they can heat up the War. There was an open attack on Pohang, the War tether there, and it's only everybody's good fortune that Michael likes to have beers with Baal. While Baal definitely wants War, is tired of waiting for his moment in the spotlight, he can talk to his old brother well enough to know that he got prodded to this by an outside party. These little chess games of theirs are a private meeting, and to the degree that a primal Seraph can deny anything, Michael will deny it ever happened.

The gods probably don't know this, as it's apparently a slip-up that they poked two bears that actually like each other. Why are the gods approaching the party, though? (Other than the obvious OOC reasons?) Because they think they see a chink in angelic armor named Corat. Because history has taught them, or taught the kami at minimum, that he is sympathetic to them...even if he doesn't know it, even if that sympathy has cost him painfully and he's in absolutely no hurry to go under the celestial knife again. Angels don't change their spots, or do they?

If you look further back, though...it's not just Corat. The Baron has reached out to sorcerers, it's part of his tradition after all, and this has gotten his path crossed with Ryuki, and his rival Kingston, and his ex-big-brother-type and Glen's old pal Gavin Russo. Sorcerers typically truck with demons, what with angels considering them the human equivalent of immunodeficiency viruses, but that is quietly changing...for two guys, anyway. Three if you count Ryuki's mentor James/Kahuna, who has sworn off sorcery as best he can with the help of a Faith Bright who's currently in seclusion, thinking Flowers might have been a better call.

L.A. is a demon town at least on paper, and all of the above sorcerers are connected to it one way or another. The demon 'queen' of L.A. helped clean up after the first ethereal to go rogue there, and she's desperate enough to ask for angelic help to keep her crown. Holding a power play over Ryuki, her biggest competition for geasa/boons there, is definitely a bonus. She has tickets to the Mikado up north, and Ryuki has promised to be there as he donated a rather personal clothing item to the company and Ruby wants to get her hands on it. Does she think she can use it for a Song? Or maybe cut a deal there?

Ryuki--does not like Ruby at all. Revulsion doesn't even come close to it. Stomach twisted in little necrotic knots more like. But Sunae....ah, that's a little more of a grey area. What's clear though is that the thought of her grandfather makes him grind his teeth, and what he's going to do to that spirit if he ever raises a hand against her...!!! Of course, right at the moment he has a different problem. She only has one day to get the job done and enjoy what is clearly her favorite pastime, and since Ryuki feels in charge of all this he's feeling that this situation is very unfair. Good thing his mind is quick, because he'll have a lot more to worry about in about a minute...
Old 08-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #1959
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
In a corner of the crowd, a young-looking face with kind eyes looks up -- eyes used to seeing every detail of a party and drinking in the Essence. Eyes ready for a fight if needed, in a place where the environment is everything a Creation angel could ask for.

The tall, fit Vessel stands and readies himself. Kane Kineman is back.
Is that a resonance suggestion? I'm pretty brain dead just now--not caffeinated, rode 18km yesterday after playing cards so both my legs and eyes are begging for rest. Still...coffee and creativity are a nice combination.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:50 AM   #1960
tHEhERETIC

Quick and dirty resonances/observations, just off the top of my head. Knowing this will kick into your mailbox, however, I'll post and then edit. That way you'll only see others' stuff if you click on the spoiler tags. :)

Kane--
Spoiler:  

Sunae--
Spoiler:  

Cameron--
Spoiler:  

Mitch--
Spoiler:  

Glen--
Spoiler:  

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-14-2017 at 01:56 AM. Reason: adding the meat
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote