Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 02-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
evikour

Default Wizard charming

I know this topic has been covered in both FAQ and other threads but I want to get one thing right:
I am a wizard and I charm a monster and then someone wanders in a new monster in battle. If I can't win it and run away I get no treasure at all,not even from the charmed monster,right?
If I use a card that makes the second monster go away or makes it friendly towards me,does that count as defeat?Do I get treasures from the charmed monster but not from the second one and no levels at all?
If I use a card that instantly defeats the new monster,does that count as victory?Do I then get treasures and levels from both monsters?

Thanks a lot!
evikour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
Shredhed

Default Re: Wizard charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by evikour View Post
I know this topic has been covered in both FAQ and other threads but I want to get one thing right:
I am a wizard and I charm a monster and then someone wanders in a new monster in battle. If I can't win it and run away I get no treasure at all,not even from the charmed monster,right?
If I use a card that makes the second monster go away or makes it friendly towards me,does that count as defeat?Do I get treasures from the charmed monster but not from the second one and no levels at all?
If I use a card that instantly defeats the new monster,does that count as victory?Do I then get treasures and levels from both monsters?

Thanks a lot!
If you charm and monster but can't beat an additional monster put in the fight, then no, you would get no rewards for that combat, barring a special card rule, like the Tuba granting a treasure.

Second case, you would go by the card. There are exceptions, so read the cards, but in most cases, when a monster is auto defeated or removed from the fight, you did not "kill" them, so you do not get levels. Again, refer to the card being used. Most of them do grant the treasure, but that's not a solid rule.
Shredhed is offline   Reply With Quote