Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Traveller

Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Drifter

Default JTAS 10 Sept '13

Speaking of JTAS...

I thought this issue was pretty strong, overall.

The Editorial was short, clever and witty.

I really liked the Causual Encounter. I"m usually not a big fan of character write-ups, but this was very good. There are stats for Classic, GURPS and Mongoose; with so many system stats out there now I'm sure that takes up a good chunk of word-count. A good article, to me, presents me with a word I've never seen before and is interesting enough make me look it up.

The Setting was a mix. Aside from some obvious typographical errors (I guess a TL 1 shipyard puts out bronze and sailcloth starships?) I just couldn't wrap my head around some of the assumptions. Its not at the mainworld, which is fine, but it has a TAS office and is a cultural center? Well, OK. But that culture includes a Zhodani quarter, and handles people going to the Marches, but its in the Nusku system, near Terra? A little too much for me to accept.
Maybe if it was specified as a cultural enclave and insert the culture of your choice, depending on where the GM wanted to put the place. Solomani for the stated area, Nusku/Solomani Rim, or Zho for the Marches, etc.
Some local adventure hooks would have been nice, to go along with the list of stated NPCs.

Those misgivings aside it is a nice, little setting if you need a place to dump your players when they decide to go off on a tangent instead of following your carefully plotted adventure.

So, its still worth my subscription price. Even if I can't currently look at the archives. :D
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
RevBob

Default Re: JTAS 10 Sept '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Hmm. That's an unexpected problem. I should be able to take care of it shortly, though.

EDIT: See? All fixed.

Looking for a St. Aosbczkcs medal.

Last edited by RevBob; 09-11-2013 at 01:38 AM.
RevBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Drifter

Default Re: JTAS 10 Sept '13

Now that's quick service for ya!
Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jtas