Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-16-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
default36

Default Rick and Morty questions (Cheat to win, threats, helping)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Munchkin and we're playing the Rick and Morty version. We came up with a few questions.

1. Can I use a Cheat card with the level up card to win the game? Since it's written somewhere that you can win without fighting a monster if a card allows it (or something like that - don't have the game currently sorry). Also, can I attach a Cheat card to a 1000 value item in order to sell that item and win (or 2 Cheat cards to two 500 value items)?

2. So what happened was a buddy threatened to add a plus 10 to monster on a monster my brother could beat by himself with no help, unless he let's him fight together. He wanted to activate the ally ability that if he helps a player defeat a monster he gains a level. I said he can threaten all he wants but if a player can defeat a monster by himself he has to do so and can't just let someone help when there's no need. So I suggested that he'll need to place the monster buff down first and then help. Was I wrong? And it's fine to threaten and play mind games, correct?

3. If a player agrees to help another player in combat, can the player in combat switch the helping player?

I tried searching the forums for answers but I'm probably doing it wrong because I couldn't find anything relevant.
default36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Rick and Morty questions (Cheat to win, threats, helping)

1. This post explains Cheat cards. Basically, it lets you equip an Item, Mount or Hireling that you normally would not be able to for some reason. http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...22&postcount=4

2. You cannot ask for help if you are winning your combat.

3. You cannot remove or switch-out your helper.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #3
default36

Thanks for the reply!

It says in the instructions "...but you must reach Level 10 by
killing a monster, unless a card specifically allows you to win another way."
What card would let me do that? Because we looked at them all and the only one we came up with was the Cheat one (maybe that ally ability but I can't remember if it specifically said it can't be used to win).
Old 11-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by default36 View Post
It says in the instructions "...but you must reach Level 10 by killing a monster, unless a card specifically allows you to win another way." What card would let me do that?
If the card had an alternate victory, the card would have to say explicitly that you can use that card to win the game in a way other than winning combat to go to Level 10. A card that doesn't say that can't be played to cause an alternate victory.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
default36

Gotcha
Thanks for the help!
Thanks Andrew, you legend